A Verbal Equinox - And The Ringmaster Is Pleased To Introduce

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, December 30, 2012

Track list:
1. We Killed Amanda Palmer, Mystery Solved
2. ¡Nüburbåtizé!
3. Recurring Nightmare #432
4. Drugs Ain't Cheap In Poughkeepsie
5. He'll Use Me For His Needle Show
6. ...And When They Asked Me About The Blood On The Lockers, I Got A Little Nervous
7. Sing The Singer/Songwriter Song
8. Doctors & Dealers
9. If We're Not Careful, We'll Turn Into Alcoholics. I Mean... Catholics
10. Bleüctipie
11. Acta Est Fabula, Plaudite!

Genre: Experimental
For Fans Of: For Fans Of: Foxy Shazam, The Birthday Massacre, Panic! at the Disco

When I first listened to this album I was highly impressed about how unique this album is, the band is just wow, I’d have to honestly say this band has a lot of talent and definitely knows how to make music very interesting to listen to. I’d have to say listening to this album will never be a regret to me, I’d honestly have to at first I had no actual clue what I was listening too and I thought it was kind of weird but then it really grew on me and had me wanting to hear more and more of this band. I’d honestly have to say after listening to this fully I was like… What did I just listen to? Then replayed it and gave it another listen, and what came after that? Another one, this was surely done very well and this album I could honestly say it was perfect to listen to, I really hope this band gets bigger because they definitely deserve it. A few songs that kind of stick out on this album would have to be, We Killed Amanda Palmer, Mystery Solved, Drugs Ain’t Cheap In Poughkeepsie, He’ll Use Me For His Needle Show, Doctors And Dealers, If We’re Not Careful, We’ll Turn Into Alcoholics, I Mean Catholics…. The song titles themselves are pretty original and different, kind of make you want to listen to them a bit more because of the names.  My favorite song would probably be He’ll Use Me For His Needle Show, the song is just weird and has a lot of old movie skits in it to make it a lot more interesting to listen to and gives it a really good sound to it. This album is definitely something more people should listen to.
Breakdown:
Cleans: There are two types of cleans on this album, Male and female, let’s start with the male clean vocalist, he’s definitely something to be heard, his style kind of changes per song which is something very cool to hear, I think on “He’ll Use Me For His Needle Show” was possibly his best part on the whole album, not trying to say his other parts are bad, that just happen to be the best one. Now for the female part, She’s definitely something different as well, her range and her voice are something else and something truly remarkable to hear, I honestly think they make a great vocal team together on the same songs, I’m really hoping for more releases from this band in their future, definitely worth listening too as long as they don’t change their style at all as-well as their vocal styles.
Instruments: Theirs a lot of different type of instruments you’ll hear on this album, each one gives it its own uniqueness to the song and the sound there is not a boring moment with that factor honestly. Every minute on this album is different and makes you wonder what’s coming up next which really makes this album something worth listening to.

Rating: 10/10
You can like them on facebook