Escape The Fate - Ungrateful

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, February 12, 2013




















Genre: Post-Hardcore
For Fans Of: Get Scared, Black Veil Brides, The Dead Rabbitts

With the newest single from Escape The Fate. I will be totally honest and say I'm highly impressed. I was iffy to buy the song at first, but then I was like, I have idolized these guys for a long time. Escape The Fate helped me through some hard times in my life so I might as well support them and buy this single. The artwork is neat.
The song started off with Craig's vocals. I've always been a fan of his vocals since Blessthefall and his other projects. I've also noticed that Craig had been in and out of a few bands and done a few guest vocals but what intrigued me is how his vocals can sound completely different in one song and amaze me with the next. With almost everything he's done in his career as a musician, I can definitely say his vocal style is diverse compared to many vocalists in other bands. In this song though his vocals have changed and improved a lot from older releases, his screams are changed up a bit in the song and his clean vocals have changed a good bit also. I'd have to say this song was a good single to pick for the new album it shows how they changed from their older releases and how they've matured in places that they needed to. Some things that stuck out to me are the drumming, vocals, and lyrics. Robert has always been a great drummer, but with this song he kind of made it best for Escape The Fate’s drumming, you can hear it clearly along with the other instruments in this song. The lyrics are in-deed catchy and fit the flow of the song very well. The meaning behind the lyrics; sound personal and actually have meaning behind them. Escape The Fate will remain one of my favorite bands. I am seriously excited for this album to be released.
The Breakdown:
Cleans: Craig's clean vocals are another thing that ends up changing with his newly found vocal style his cleans always go with the flow of everything nothing sounds wrong or incorrect when it comes to him, he just makes it work anyway he possibly can.
Screams: The song starts off with Craig's screams, if you were a fan of his older screams he only got better. His new style is something worth checking out. I like listening to stuff Craig is featured in because of the fact he can change his style to fit the band’s sound and make it fit with the flow.
Instruments: Everything is pretty clear you can hear the bass / guitar / drums. Robert is by far one of my favorite drummers I really enjoy this song for his drumming if you listen close enough you can hear everything. But in the end everything flows together and fits so nicely.

Rating: 4/5
You can like them on facebook