Track list:
1. Lift Me Up (ft. Rob Halford of Judas Priest)
2.Watch You Bleed
3. You
4. Wrong Side Of Heaven
5. Burn MF
6. I.M.Sin
7. Anywhere But Here (ft. Maria Brink)
8. Dot Your Eyes
9. M.I.N.E. (End This Way)
10. Mama Said Knock You Out (ft. Tech N9ne)
11. Diary Of A Deadman
12. I.M.Sin (ft. Max Cavalera)
13. Anywhere But Here Duet with Maria Brink of In This Moment
14. Dot Your Eyes (ft. Jamey Jasta)

Genre: Metal
For Fans Of: Disturbed, In This Moment, Hatebreed


This is one of the albums that I was so stoked for. I couldn't wait for this album to be announced. I've been a fan of Five Finger Death Punch from the start of the band. I have the most respect for these guys than any other band to date, because of all the nice things that they do for the American troops fighting for our freedom over sea. Just recently on the Mayhem tour, Ivan, the vocalist, gave a soldier who lost both of his legs, and part of his one arm a little go cart type of thing so that he could get around a bit faster than he could. Ivan got all the bands on the tour to sign it. Its things like this that bands should be doing more and more, because without the troops fighting for our freedom, and protecting them and everyone else in the states, we wouldn’t have their music. Five Finger Death Punch is one of the few bands that do realize this, and they give back to those who come back injured from fighting. That being said, this album is one of the albums that they don’t write about the war, or from what I hear, it doesn't sound like it. This album is written about different topics that I certainly do enjoy. Five Finger Death Punch may get a lot of hate, but they’re one of the bands that shouldn't get hate by anyone. Hey, everyone has opinions… I respect that, but I think it’s sort of lame to be trashing a band that does nothing but try to help people. A few songs on this album that stand out would have to be, “Lift Me Up (ft. Rob Halford)”, “You”, ”Burn MF”, “Anywhere But Here (ft. Maria Brink)”, “M.I.N.E (End This Way)”, “Mama Said Knock You Out (ft. Tech N9me), “I.M.Sin (ft. Max Calavlera), “Anywhere But Here (Duet with Maria Brink)”, and “Dot Your Eyes (ft. Jamey Jasta). Before I start the tracks that stand out, I will say that both “Anywhere But Here” songs are different. One features, and on the other is a full duet with the lovely Maria Brink (So glad they picked her for this.) “Lift Me Up”, is the first song that I heard off this album. It was a song that the band did live at the Golden God awards with Rob Halford, and my god… that performance was so good to witness! I honestly wish that I could have been there physically. I think the band got excited whenever Rob screamed “FIVE FINGERRR DEATH PUNCH!” while walking on stage. I mean, who wouldn't? The man’s a god of music. He is definitely an artist still, even with his old age. But when I first heard the studio version of the song on a radio station, you can bet I was fangirling all over the place. I was more than excited for this album to come out! Rob Halford, and Five Finger Death Punch definitely made a good song, and I hope this song lands them over the top, because who knows when we’ll see Rob Halford again? “You”, is probably one of my favorite songs on this album, because it sounds like the vocalist is rapping throughout the song. I mean, I know they have a rapper on this album already, but having him rap alone is something new. This song is one of the heavier songs on the album as well, so that makes it a bit better in my opinion. I kind of wish that this song would have been a single off the album, because who knows what that would have done for the hype of the album?  I know it had some mad hype already, but just imagine what it could have done if “You” was a single? Now for “Burn MF”. Man, I watched one of the web episodes from the bands explaining the meaning of this song, this song was not planned, or anything. It’s just that the vocalist was mad, and he wrote this trying to get his anger out, and man did he release some anger on this song. This is another favorite of mine on this album, and it’s one that I’d like to see live one day… I wonder how crazy the pit would be. “Anywhere But Here (ft. Maria Brink)”, this is the song just featuring her for a bit. Five Finger Death Punch’s vocalist basically takes over this song, and Maria fades in just a few times. What’s the fun in that? If you haven’t noticed, some songs are on here with a guest vocalist, and some are not. They did that because some people might not like the guest vocalists, and some may. So they added each version. Hey, I can’ complain too much, because it’s more songs to listen too. “M.I.N.E (End This Way)” is one of the softer songs. I mean, every metal band needs a pretty soft song, right? Just to get some feelings out there. This song isn't that bad, but I’ll always prefer their heavier songs over their softer songs (My girlfriend thinks the complete opposite of this, isn't that weird?). This song sounds like it could be about a love life that went wrong somehow, which is also something relatable. “Mama Said Knock You Out (ft. Tech N9ne)”, when I heard about this song… I was like, “Yep, this will be my favorite song by Five Finger Death Punch.” and yes, it is. This might be one of the best covers of the song that I've literally ever heard. When the vocalist says explosion, the bass effect at that part was insane, and wasn't expected. I mean, you don’t hear much from the bassists nowadays, they’re kind of lost and forgotten, but on this cover, the bassist has some fame. When Tech N9ne came in I was stoked! His raps were so good, and he literally proved that rappers don’t always need beats to do their parts, they just need to have it inside them. Another plus on this song is the “beatdown” part. There’s some pretty crazy guitar play at that part! “I.M.Sin (ft. Max Calavera)” probably one of the better songs with a guest vocalist. I won’t even lie, all the songs with guest vocalist have way more power to them than the ones that don’t. I certainly do enjoy the ones with the guests more than the ones without, and hopefully people will as well, but you always have those people who don’t. “Anywhere But Here (Duet with Maria Brink)”, is one of the songs that I wasn't ever expecting from Five Finger Death Punch, I mean you really don’t see any duets anymore with bands. But honest to god, I loved this song and I’m so happy that they picked Maria Brink for the duet, because she and Ivan’s voice go together perfectly, and Maria is one my favorite female vocalists in today’s scene of metal. There aren’t many females in metal, sadly, but she’s one that we can hope that stays. “Dot Your Eyes (ft. Jamey Jasta)”, this song ends off this album with a pretty big bang. Jamey Jasta is the vocalist of Hatebreed, a hate-driven (somewhat) hardcore band that’s just insane live, and they make you want to break everything in your path. Now, you put that and Five Finger Death Punch on a song, or a tour, and you’re going to see kids leaving the pits with some bruises. I honestly hope to see the vocalist of Five Finger Death Punch do guest vocals on a Hatebreed song now. I also liked how they used a Mark Twain quote in the song. Here’s the quote in case you miss it somehow, “It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.” One of the best parts in the song as well!
Breakdown:
Screams: I’m going to call them screams because in a way he’s doing dirty vocals throughout the album, and I guess you could call his vocals screams. I’m calling them screams because screams are in many different forms, and the vocals in Five Finger Death Punch are usually driven by anger, so he’s always sort of yelling which is something I find original, and insane to hear. I've seen their live videos, and he adds some serious power behind his vocals live. Five Finger Death Punch definitely has a one of a kind vocalist, and no one could ever come close to copying this man. He’s an inspiration to many people as well, because of his lyrics. He’s also outgoing, and open about everything.
Instrument: In my opinion, their guitarist is one of the most talented in the scene, I don’t care what some magazine says, and the guitarist has seriously has some great riffs throughout this album. If you’re an older fan, you can definitely tell that they all stepped up their game for this album, and that they’re trying to keep their name and reputation straight. The drumming got better as well, some parts are heavier, plus it sounds like the drummer learned some new tricks! Their bassist is also hearable. On the song “Mama Said Knock You Out (ft. Tech N9ne)”, he has some pretty loud parts.

Rating: 10/10
Like them on facebook