Device - Vilify

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, February 19, 2013




















Genre: Industrial
For Fans Of: Disturbed, Nine Inch Nails, Filter

David Draiman new band DEVICE's first song "Vilify". Being a huge fan of disturbed i wanted to check this single out. I've seen tons of people saying it sounds like disturbed. I'll have to disagree but i can see where they're coming from, the vocals sound like disturbed but the guitar and the lyrics really don’t cut the cake on being similar. This song though it's pretty soft i think kind of surprised me i was expecting it to be heavy and metal. The lyrics though are so... Vulgar, But this is a great single to release built up some hype for the first album from device. The guitar riffs caught my attention first sort of gives me that disturbed feel, but not there completely. The vocal tone matches the lyrics a little bit but not fully. I’m actually excited for this album I’ve always been a fan of David’s vocals and disturbed I’m kind of hoping it gives that disturbed feel but not fully, something different but feels like disturbed in a way. The lyrics same as this song maybe a bit more vulgar, the lyrics kind of sound pissed off just without the vocal tone backing it up.
Breakdown:
Cleans: David’s always been a good vocalist and I must say I do enjoy his vocals on this song, I’m hoping maybe he tries to keep the vocal style he had in disturbed while changing it up a bit.
Instruments: Pretty soft, wasn’t really expecting it. Great flow to it though.

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook