Illuminations - Dead City

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, February 20, 2013
















Genre: Deathcore
For Fans Of: In Dying Arms, I Declare War, Defiler

Maryland death-core!
I have to say this band is one of my favorites from Maryland (My Area) their vocalist impresses me a lot, at a few times in this song it brought a feeling of a horror movie / sifi horror movie. The lyrics definitely bring that feeling also. The flow to this song is pretty neat. The vocals stand out the style is something that really makes this song more interesting to listen too. I'm kind of curious what this song is about and the meaning behind it, I’m pretty sure this could be a song in a movie one day if they ever let deathcore be in movies, the day that happens I’ll be hoping to hear this song. The over-all thing about Illuminations they have a sound, they have a genre and they do combine it together to make something great and something new in their own way. When the little ending speech comes in you hear the vocalist talk (or maybe it’s a scene from a movie or something) I thought that was something that was new to have and gives a little bit more of a feeling to the song. Oh and another thing with the vocals, the vocalist uses 2 different styles it sounds like to give even more of a feeling to the song. I’ll have to admit I did enjoy this song (I enjoy almost everything thing this band puts out, but that’s beyond the point)
Breakdown:
Screams: Two different styles of screams, lows and highs! The vocalist has his own style for both which gives the song that vibe of horror.
Instruments: It kind of sounds a soft for a deathcore song, but it has some heavy parts to it, as I said Illuminations has their own sound and they fit it with their genre.

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook