Chomp Chomp Attack! - How Do You Like Me Now

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, January 20, 2013

Track list: 
1. For A Loss Of Words
2. Falling With Broken Wings 
3. How Do You Like Me Now 
4. Not So Happily Ever After 
5. Her Bleeding Smile 
6. From Dreams To Reality

Genre: Post-Hardcore
For Fans Of: Black Veil Brides,  All As One, For Fear Itself

There are a lot of talented un-signed bands in this scene and this is one of them for sure. I picked up this EP around the date it came out. I was impressed first listen. Their lyrics match the song name it's basically something that's worth listening to. If you're like me I had to keep listening to it once wasn't enough. I hope this band gets picked up soon, They'd do good on a label and probably do good at drawing in a crowd to come to a show. Track-by-Track review for this EP!


"For A Loss Of Words"
Basically the intro track the orchestra is a good touch as an intro sounds something like an old movie getting to the good parts like someone’s about to die, you can also hear a girls voice saying something but you can't hear it. Near the end it leads to the next song.

"Falling With Broken Wings"
As I said the intro leads right into this song, you hear the guitars then quickly come the screamer, The lyrics in this song are pretty good with the vocalists tone in his vocals. Pretty heavy also, Second favorite song on this EP.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals amaze me so much, they fit so well with the song.
Screams: The first type of vocals you hear. The highs are INSANE.
Instruments: Heavy on the first song. I love the drumming so much and the guitar riffs.

"How You Like Me Now"
I remember watching the music video for this and saying "Damn, These guys are going to go far" This is my favorite song on the EP. It's heavy and the lyrics are brilliant to say the least.
Breakdown
Cleans: They're pretty good in this song on key and fit perfectly with the mood.
Screams: The lows are pretty good. The highs are well there's not a word to fit how good the highs are the screamer is defiantly really good.
Instruments: As I've said, Heavy. There are some good riffs in this song.

"Her Bleeding Smile"
This song seems like one of the best lyrical and drumming wise and the ending "speech" type thing was a great add-on, The screams at the end are just perfect the cleans are perfect as-well. The song name and the song tone goes well together.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals are well-done. Some of the best on the EP
Screams: The screamer just really amazes me, I really want to hear more in the future from this band. The screamer got my attention.
Instruments: It seems somewhat softer then the rest of the songs.

"From Dreams To Reality"
I always got sad inside when this song came on because it means it's the end of this great ep. I really hope an album comes soon I'll pick it up as soon as i can. This band needs to get signed. Honestly they'd be the best pick for contract and a few headliners. This song is my favorite with cleans. It just seems like one big speech when he does his cleans. My third favorite none-the les.
Breakdown:
Cleans: My favorite thing about this song is the cleans it sounds like a speech in a way.
Screams: The screams in this song are insane. The highs are scary good.
Instruments: They sound a little bit softer in this song. Good nonetheless.

Rating: 7/10
You can like them on facebook