Gift Of Ghosts - In The Nick Of Time

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, January 12, 2013


Track list:
1. My Master, My Author
2. Wrestling Currents
3. In The Wake of Failure
4. Cruising Through Clouded Minds
5. Six Feet Under The Influence
6. Slow Dancing Through Nine Circles


Genre: Metalcore
For Fans Of: Asking Alexandria, The Air I Breathe, The Word Alive

I randomly found this band on YouTube and I loved the first song I heard. So I bought the two singles and this amazing EP.

The screams and cleans got my attention very quickly on the first song the intro was pretty good and then the screams hit you!

"My Master, My author"
This is the intro type track. You hear the piano playing with a beat for a good while then you hear the guitars and BAM screams; and the song gets heavy.
Breakdown:
Screams: The screams come into play around the middle of the song and they're heavy something that caught my attention in this song because I wasn't expecting the screams at all.
Instruments: The main instruments come into play around the middle with the guitar leading you to the mini breakdown of the song and everything gets heavy from there.

"Wrestling Currents"
The cleans get shown in this song the screamer and clean vocals basically switch off you'll hear the screamer then the clean then the screamer then at one point both will do clean vocals for a bit then. I really enjoyed this song I liked how everything went together perfectly and the lyrics were actually pretty neat to hear and the vocals matched the lyrics.
Here's the breakdown of the song
Cleans: The clean vocalist take over this song. you hear the cleans a little bit more then you'll hear the screams and clean vocalist matches the tone in a way which is really good. Both vocalists do cleans for a bit which I thought was really neat because having both vocalists do cleans at the same time is new.
Screams: The screams switch off with cleans the mood/tone of the screams fit the lyrics which I really thought stood out.
Instruments: Not too heavy on this song pretty soft, it's good though it ties in with the lyrics a bit.

"In The Wake Of Failure"
I like the title of the song matches the lyrics and I’m going to say the meaning of the song has something to tie into failure and being successful in life. The song starts with the clean vocalist singing. This would be the my third favorite song on the EP
Breakdown
Clean: Once again you'll hear more cleans then screams. But you shouldn't be upset. the clean vocalist is really good stays on tune and makes his mood.
Screams: At the start of the song after the cleans you hear the screams for a few seconds he gets heavy with the screams.
Instruments: They're a little heavier in the song then the last one but just little.

"Cruising Through Clouded Minds"
This song starts off with the screams then cleans instead of the clean vocalist being the starter.
I like the lyrics on this song as well as the instruments second favorite song.
Breakdown
Cleans: aren't as often in this song but they're still there and kicking they're mostly at the chorus it seems
Screams: Throughout the song and more often than cleans the screams sound unique, I may add, like they have their own sound to them.
Instruments: The instruments follow the vocals. Like at the start the vocals are heavy the instruments are a bit heavy. I like the guitars in this one a lot.


"Six Feet Under The Influence"
The intro is heavy as could be! This song reminds me of a rock band with the clean vocals i don't know why I guess because the tone of the vocalist. This song also has bits of a dubstep affect which is cool to tie into the metalcore sound.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals basically remind me of a modern day rock band. The screamer does some cleans too which makes this band seem unique
Screams: The screams are at the intro. I really like the lows on this song caught my attention there's mostly lows on this EP some highs. But the lows are by far my favorite.
Instruments: The guitars sound like something from a rock band in a few places they also have some dubstep parts in this song which is pretty rad.

"Slow Dancing Through Nine Circles"
No cleans or screams at the intro just the instruments. The drumming on this song are sick one of my favorite things on this song. And the lows on this song near the end remind me of something in a horror movie like the voice.
Breakdown:
Cleans: As well as the rest of the ep you'll hear some amazing cleans throughout the song.
Screams: The screams sound different in this song a little bit they sound like a demonic voice near the end, at least I think so. I do enjoy them though!
Instruments: Guitar and drums start off the song! And guitars have some good sound to them at the intro drums do also! The drummer does really well on this song along with the guitar they keep together while the vocals do the same.

Rating: 8/10
You can like them on facebook