Arsonists Get All The Girls - Listen To The Color

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, August 1, 2013

Track list:
1.  Setting Course For Disaster
2. When I Was Your Age Pluto Was Still A Planet
3. Bottle City
4. MK-ULTRA: Psychotropic Puppets
5. MK-DELTA: Glorified Killers (ft. Cameron Reed)
6. Disease Test The Best
7. Balloon Battle
8. Listen To The Color (ft. Robby Bancroft)
9. Beast Fist
10. Bardonis Chonies
11. Play the sheep
12. My Newest Vision” (ft. Rob Smith)
13. Ride The Wave (ft. Garin Rosen)
14. Watchers
15. Sunny Places For Shady People

Genre: Experimental Metal
For Fans Of: Iwrestledabearonce, Dr Aucla, See You Next Tuesday.



I’m not even going to lie, Arsonists Get All The Girls have changed. I mean, look at that artwork, it’s phsychedelic, and probably the most creative artwork so far. If you look at the track list, you see a few neat guest vocalists, such as their old vocalist/keyboardist. Arsonist Get All The Girls also added some rather trippy songs to their album. I mean, this is a self-released album, so I don’t really think they had a red line on what to write about, it was basically all up to them. I’m not complaining, it’s actually pretty neat. It shows how the bands maturing, and improving their techniques with some things. Plus, this album is fifteen songs of heaviness for your ears. Some of the songs are interludes, but they’re amazingly abstract… well, some of them are, which isn't really a bad thing. However, some people consider them to be a waste. I personally love interludes, but some people hate them. Most of the “trippy” songs, like I said, are both abstract and phsychedelic. One thing on this album that I find highly enjoyable, is the little produced vocals. There isn't really a lot on the vocals in order to give it more of a powerful hit. The high vocals just come at you with a huge punch, and it’s rather insane getting to hear them. At first, I was blaring this album, and that came on and scared my dog a little bit (He’s not about this life.) A few songs that stand out on this album would have to be, “Setting A Course For Disaster”, “When I Was Your Age Pluto Was Still A Planet”, “Bottle City”, “MK-DELTA: Glorified Killers (ft. Cameron Reed)”, “Balloon Battle”, “Listen To The Color (ft. Robby Bancrof)”, “Play The Sheep”, “Ride The Wave (ft. Garin Rosen)”, and “Sunny Places For Shady People”. “Setting A Course For Disaster”, is basically an intro to the album (This might actually be the bands intro at shows. I’ll have to go to one, and find out) and it kind of gives the album a small push to start. “When I Was Your Age Pluto Was Still A Planet”, I honestly thought this was one of the funniest song names on this album, and the funniest song name from Arsonists Get All The Girls to date. This song gives the album more of a bigger push to start, and it sort of connected to “Setting Course For Disaster”. “Bottle City”, is one of the first actual songs on the album, and this song gives the album everything it needs to start off great. The intros gave it its push, now it’s really on with “Bottle City”. “Bottle City” shows off how the band has improved, and matured within two minutes. The song is also pretty catchy, and it's one of my favorites on the album. “MK-DELTA: Glorified Killers” (ft. Cameron Reed)”, well, I've never really heard of bands letting an ex-member hop on a track in the studio, live maybe, but this is sort of new to me. Older fans probably favorite this song as soon as the track list was shown. Both new, and old vocalists made this song to be something seriously unique. I really don’t think a band could ever take Arsonists Get All The Girls place in metal, because of how unique their music is. Their song structure is the thing that I like the most about them, and their vocals. You can’t forget the vocals on their albums. Their vocals change every so often with style, and sound. The range also changes which just gives every album a new sound, and helps to create something better than the last album that was released. I've been a fan of this band for a while, and I won’t lie, but almost everything they've released has seriously impressed me. This band should have blown up a while ago, because of how unique they are. The ex-member being featured on a song didn't really ruin the album at all. If anything, it gave it some spice, and to me it was pretty new. I won’t complain because both vocalists have powerful vocals. “Balloon Battle”, I think this song is from Mario? Or the intro is anyway. This song is more of the abstract kind of song on the album, and it was definitely better than a short interlude. The synth on this song is just... wow, something amazing. A lot of people will probably end up crying about how this song was a waste of time, and all this (Who really cares?) It’s not a waste of anything, and if you love synth, this would be the main song for you. “Listen To The Color” (ft. Robby Bancrof)”, is the title track on this album, and it gives the album a good name. I’d have to say that I did really enjoy most of the songs on this album, even the rather trippy ones. This song starts off somewhat trippy, but hey, it’s still really enjoyable! “Play The Sheep”, was one of the only singles that I heard off the album, and I loved it. This song is literally my favorite song on this album, because of its sound. It’s all over the place, and then it gets calm with a phsychedelic synth part. The synth on this album sticks out more than the drumming, and guitar playing. It’s rather new, as well. “Ride The Wave” (ft. Garin Rosen)”, uh... if anything, this song is sort of weird… I mean it starts off with some beach theme, and some clean vocals, which isn't that bad, honestly. But it was sort of new to hear. The flow of this song is pretty nice. It’d be a song that I hope would get played live. However, it probably won’t because it sticks out like a sore thumb on this album. “Sunny Places For Shady People” is another rather interesting song title. This is the last song, sadly. But it ended off the album on an abstract note! The drum play on this song would be the part that this song would be known for, in my books. The drumming is pretty neat, and you can really tell that the drummer wanted his solo, and that’s just what he got! Breakdown:
Cleans: There’s not a lot of clean vocals on this album, but the parts that do include them.. are rather nice, and done a bit differently than what I expected to hear. I’m not going to really say much about the clean vocals, because I want it to be a bit of a surpise to people. That will give this album a spin for the first time. However, what I will say is that the clean vocals are definitely done a bit differently than what you might be used to, and the song that the clean vocals show up the most in is different.
Screams: The screams are very much improved, and insane. There’s not really a lot of production behind them, which gives them more power and that is rather nice. I honestly got a headache on a few songs, because of the screams (I’m not that brutal.) But, they were all done so nicely, and I loved the low, and high range on this album. They really made the screams stick out a bit more.
Instrument: All of the instrument play was rather good, and also improved compared to older releases. If anything, this band is on the right track to become pretty big in their careers, and I will stick with them no matter what. Their synth playing on this album would be the parts that have really improved, and they were rather interesting to be able to listen to. Also, the drum play on the last song was absolutely phenomenal. Man, this album turned out to be a real treat to listen to. I definitely recommend this album to people to listen to, as well!

Rating: 8/10
Like them on facebook