Tech N9ne - Something Else

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, August 4, 2013

Track list:
1. News With Mark Alford 1 (Skit)
2. Straight Out Of The Gate (ft. Serj Tankian & Krizz Kaliko)
3. B.I.T.C.H. (ft. T-Pain)
4. With The BS (ft. Red Cafe, Trae Tha Truth & Big Scoob)
5. Love 2 Dislike Me (ft. Tyler Lyon & Liz Suwandi)
6.Fortune Force Field
7. I'm Not A Saint
8. Fragile (ft.. Kendrick Lamar, ¡Mayday! & Kendall Morgan)
9. Priorities (ft. Game & Angel Davanport)
10. News With Mark Alford 2 (Skit)
11. Dwamn
12.  So Dope (They Wanna) (ft.. Snow Tha Product, Twisted Insane & Wrekonize)
13. See Me (ft. Wiz Khalifa & B.o.B)
14. My Haiku-Burn The World (ft.. Krizz Kaliko)
15. That's My Kid (ft. Cee Lo Green, Big K.R.I.T. & Kutt Calhoun)
16. Meant To Happen (ft. Scoop DeVille)
17. News With Mark Alford 3 (Skit)
18. Believe
19. R.I.P. Ray (Skit)
20. Strainge 2013 (ft. The Doors)
21. SMB
22. Colorado (ft. B.o.B, Ces Cru, Krizz Kaliko, ¡Mayday!, Rittz & Stevie Stone)
23. Drowning (ft. Liz Suwandi)
24. Thizzles (ft. Danny Brown)

Genre: Rap
For Fans Of: Snow Tha Product, ¡Mayday!, Wiz Khalifa

So, I've saw on a lot of other sites who have reviewed this album saying that this is the album that made Tech N9ne sell out. Let me be the one to tell you that what they are saying is not true. However, this album is probably the best album to date from Tech N9ne. The guest spots on this album aren't the only insane parts of this album. Almost every verse on this album is better than the last. This album shows more of the maturity in rappers, you can hear it in their verses. One thing that I did notice on this album that I haven’t noticed with any other Tech N9ne album, is that he doesn't only get other rappers to feature in this album, he got some people that are in bands, metal, rock, etc. Mixing genres is always pretty nice, and it shows that Tech’s totally okay with switching it up a bit. I honestly don’t see how people can say that Tech “sold out” on this album, he does mix genres with rap, and pop, but isn't that what most rappers do today? So in context, they sold out as well? No. Maybe Tech N9ne will sell out on his next release, just not on this album. A  few songs that stand out on this album would have to be, “News With Mark Alford 1 (Skit)”, “Straight Out Of The Gate (ft. Serj Tankian & Krizz Kaliko)”, ”Fragile (ft. Kendrick Lamar, ¡Mayday! & Kendall Morgan)”, “So Dope (They Wanna) (ft. Snow Tha Product, Twisted Insane & Wrekonize)”, “See Me (ft. Wiz Khalifa & B.o.B)”, ”Strange 2013 (ft. The Doors)”, ”Drowning (ft. Liz Suwandi)”, and lastly ”Thizzles (ft. Danny Brown)”. “News With Mark Alford 1 (Skit)”, is basically the intro to the album, and it starts off the album a bit differently than what I’m used to, honestly. It’s like a news report (Fake of course, don’t take this seriously.) The news report is not only new to me, but it’s pretty neat. ““Straight Out Of The Gate (ft. Serj Tankian & Krizz Kaliko)”, is my favorite song on the whole album because of the guest vocalist. Serj Tankian! He is one of my favorite metal vocalists (System Of A Down’s vocalist, in case you didn't know.) This song has a heavy meaning, and both Serj, and Tech really try to express the meaning throughout the song, which in my opinion is the best thing that I've ever heard. I’d put this song in the number one spot on the billboard. ”Fragile (ft. Kendrick Lamar, ¡Mayday! & Kendall Morgan)”, is another favorite of mine. This song has one of the best beats in my opinion. I read a bit about this song, and this was about many different things. One thing that caught my eye was the fact that it’s about critics throwing out good talented artists, giving them a bad rating, and other stuff like that. Honestly, none of the rappers on this album are bad. Each one is doing something worth doing; making music they love, touring, and doing a lot of other awesome things. To be completely honest, I love Kendrick Lamar, and when I heard his verse I was like WOW. My favorite part of his verse is the following “Tell me that your anus got your head in it, I can smell the articles and know you're heinous” that line just came at me (Not literally, I mean this computer.) But it caught my attention like that, and honestly Kendrick is talented. Even though I don’t like all of his music, this is probably one of his best lines. “So Dope (They Wanna) (ft. Snow Tha Product, Twisted Insane & Wrekonize)”, this song features the one and the only Snow Tha Product, another female rapper, one that has been having some buzz around her name lately (In a good way.) Snow Tha Product was actually an interesting feature for Tech N9ne because she’s against all of the “cookie cutter bitches” in today’s rap game. I’d have to agree with her, a lot of people try to rip off, or copy someone else to get their name big, and then when someone (Usually on Twitter) calls them out on it, they never admit it until the person they stole from says something to them. ” Strange 2013 (ft. The Doors)”, yes you did see that Tech N9ne features The Doors. This track was really neat, I didn’t expect The Doors to like Tech N9ne, but I guess because of his name, who hasn’t heard of his music? Tech N9ne really has some nice features on this album, and I’m stoked to see who he gets for the next album! The Doors should definitely feature Tech N9ne on one of their songs now… “Drowning (ft. Liz Suwandi)”, is an ender on the album, and it’s a bit different because of Liz. She makes the song into something other than a rap song, which is quite nice. It’s like a little story if you ask me, because of her voice. Her voice is different, but good. Tech planned this song out perfectly, and definitely makes it an ender. Now for “Thizzles (ft. Danny Brown)”, the beat on this song kind of got my nerves because of the “Ta Da Da” in the beat. It actually gets a bit of annoying, and the fact he talks about Molly (This is a drug that got noticed thanks to Tyga, If you want to know what it does, google it… I don’t use drugs.) This song is also one of the few songs I can tell that are about drugs, but that’s because it’s a bit obvious.
Breakdown:
Cleans: Tech N9ne’s vocals are a bit different on every song, which is pretty great! He definitely has a better flow with words on this album, than he did on his other albums that he has released. This album shows off how he’s grown into something better than what you’ll be used too.
Screams: There’s only one song with screams, and that’s on “Love 2 Dislike Me (ft. Tyler Lyon And Liz Suwandi)”. This song has a good meaning, and the screams definitely top it to be one of the better songs on the album (Sorry that I didn't put this on a stand out track, it was one that I thought stood out, but didn't at the same time.)
Beats: All the beat are nice except the last song’s beat. The last song’s beat is rather annoying unless you’re high on drugs or something. The “Ta Da Da” just gets irritating after a while. Unless you’re on Molly. If you’re on Molly you’ll probably love this song.

Rating: 8/10
Like them on facebook