Itch - Manifesto Part 1: How To Fucking Rule At Life

Posted by Unknown On Friday, August 2, 2013

Track list:
1. London Is Burning
2. Spooky Kids
3. True
4. Bruises (ft. Tim Armstrong)










Genre: Alternative
For Fans Of: Sonic Boom Six, Small Leaks Sink Ships,  The King Blues

Itch is an artist that I never really took the time to look at, but I've seen him come up a few times on Facebook, and Twitter, and it seems like he’s growing and making a pretty big name for himself. In my opinion, that is great, and I’m actually glad I took the time to listen to his EP. His music isn't my type of music, but he’s pretty good at writing his music. It seems like he wants to be a voice of a rebellion in a way (Or that’s what I’m getting from his music.) I’d like to see him do a music video for every song on this EP, because that would give me more of a feeling of his music. So far his music is making me question his motives (In a good way.) Each song seems more interesting than the next song that he writes.

“London Is Burning”,
the song title sort of got me confused... and then while listening to the lyrics, I sort of understood the song. The lyrics are a bit vulgar, but who doesn't like hearing "motherfucker" in lyrics? One thing about Itch, that I sort of question, are his lyrical talents. He’s not bad at writing, but I’d like to know more about the background of his lyrics, like how he came up with them, or why he picked this topic out of all the topics that he could have picked? Why does he hate London so much? His vocals on this song are a bit different then what you’ll hear on the other songs, which isn't really a bad thing. It sort of starts off the EP with a push.
Breakdown:
Cleans: His vocals are my favorite on this song because of how he changes them so fast, and because of the effects that are on them. Itch is really talented at vocals, and everything. He should be probably blowing up very soon (I hope, and I’m sure that he hopes so too!) One day I will catch Itch live, and stay for the whole set.
Instruments: There are some different instruments being played, and there are some effects, and dubstep type of sounds, which are pretty nice to hear because it’s different than what some people might be used to hearing, and others might hear it everyday. It really does spice up the EP a bit, and gives it a push to start off in the right direction. I've never really heard of Itch before, but I've heard his other band The King Blues, and they blew me away. His solo project is doing the same.

“Spooky Kids”
is my favorite song on the whole EP because of the little dubstep elements that he added to this song. This song (From what I’m getting from it.) is about the spooky kids, and having them turn heads to the normal kids. One thing that I can find that I really enjoy about Itch, is that he’s writing music that he likes, and music that people will listen to and be like “What is this?”, and they will probably not understand it at first, then come back and start loving the song, and become a fan of him just like that. I mean that’s pretty much how he made me fan.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The effects on the vocals are probably the best thing about this song, in my opinion... because it’s a bit different. Itch’s vocals are new to me as well, his vocals have an accent to them, and it basically ranges from low, to high just like that. At least on this song it does, which isn't really bad. It’s actually rather nice, because it shows that he’s talented at singing, and that he knows his vocal cords.
Instruments: The instruments are a bit different, there is a bit of guitar playing, and then some dubstep beats, and I think drums? I’m not very familiar with this genre, but there’s a few things on this song that sounds very different, and it definitely spices up the song a lot.

“True”
For whatever reason, this song seems to be the “ballad” of the EP. It's the song with the biggest meaning, and the song with the most emotion, which are two things that really make a song great. This song stood out to me because all the other songs had hype, and energy. This song is calmer than the other songs, which in my opinion isn't a bad thing. It's just a bit different after you listen to the other songs, and have all this energy inside. This song, is the song that might make him become more known. Who really knows though? Once you listen to this song, you might re-think some things. Breakdown:
Cleans: His vocals on this song sound sort of depressive, but it isn't a bad thing, honestly. It adds more onto the song, which is actually pretty nice. The song seems to be emotional. The song seems to be a re-thinking type of song, so that their fans could take a moment, and think about things. Instruments: The flow on this song is pretty calm; nothing fast, just all calm, and relaxing. Which in my opinion, it's something that is highly enjoyable. The beat to this song, is also pretty nice.

“Bruise (ft. Tim Armstrong)”
This song really ends the EP on a great note! I might as well add this now, the EP is split into two parts, and this is only part one... so who knows what part two could hold for us? I’m actually pretty excited to listen to part two after I listen to this, and yes I am writing this as I listen because this is still my first time ever listening to Itch. I’m actually pleased at what I’m listening to so far. I wonder what he can do with part two, to change my mind, and make me a huge fan. One thing that set this song apart than the other ones would be because it sounds sort of like a Reggae band.
Breakdown:
Cleans: His vocals on this song sort of remind me of an island band's vocalist, which is pretty awesome to be completely honest. It shows that he can add more than one genre with his vocals. He is very talented.
Instrument: The instrument play made me believe that this is a Reggae/island song. The flow of this song is pretty nice, as well. Maybe people will enjoy this, more than the other ones? Itch really did end this EP nicely. I’m stoked for part two!

Rating: 7/10
Like him on facebook

Here's some photos that were sent to me, of him at Warped Tour. You'll notice that Adam Lazzara, from Taking Back Sunday, is performing with the one and only, Itch.