Empire Voices - Tracing True Colors (ft. Ryan Kirby)

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, August 7, 2013
















Genre: Metalcore
For Fans Of: Fit For A King, For All I Am, Tear Out The Heart


Empire voice released this song as their debut into the music scene. This will also be followed by their awaiting EP that is coming out sometime soon, which has me pretty stoked, because I don’t really like debut songs much. However, this one caught my attention because of the artwork (Yeah, I know that sounds kind of lame... but hey, curiosity isn’t always a bad thing now is it?). I didn’t know what to expect at first with this song, but I’m glad that I got something good out of it. The song features the one and only Ryan Kirby, who has been featured on a lot of songs recently. For good, or for bad, he has been making a bigger name for himself. The one thing that I think could use some work is the screams. I do like the screams on this song as they are, but I think with a little more work they could be something a bit different. The part where the screamer uses his skills the best would be this part: “I hope this song fucking rips you apart”. That part was when the screamer got my full attention. That part could have been a bit different instrumentally, but the way it is fits pretty well, and right after that you hear the one and only Ryan Kirby with his talented screams. Ryan wasn’t a bad choice, and he definitely fit the part that they put him in. I do feel like Empire Voice will end up blowing up once this comes out. I won’t lie there, but with a little work here and there, the band could be the next big metalcore band to hit the music scene. Who knows, we’ll have to keep a huge eye out for them in the future. I definitely think this band is full of potential.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals are mostly at the chorus of this, but hey, that’s not so bad? The clean vocals are done mostly high, which goes pretty well with the screams lows. The flow of everything in the song goes together great, which is another plus in my books. Most debuts are done weird, or mixed terribly, and sometimes even scattered with everything in random places. But not with this band! They planned out everything to be where it is, which is nice if you ask me.
Screams: The screams could use a bit of work. Now, I say that because I love the lows, but just I feel like the screamer could go a little bit lower with his range. Just imagine that if the screamer went just a tad bit lower within his range, what this song could sound like? Nothing bad really, but maybe even a better debut. I really want to see what the EP will hold for the screamer.
Instruments: When we’re talking about instruments, the guitar, and drums do the best work. The bass does some great things as well, but the guitar flow is the thing that sort of caught my attention during the first listen. I’m pretty stoked to see how far these guy go in their career as a band. I could see these guys signing with a label soon in their future. I hope so, anyway. However, if they stay unsigned... I’ll understand why.

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook

Just thought this was a screenshot moment.