Parachute - Overnight

Posted by Unknown On Friday, August 9, 2013

Track list:
1. Meant To Be
2. Can't Help
3. Drive You Home
4. Hurricane
5. Overnight
6. Didn't See It Coming
7. The Other Side
8. Waiting For That Call
9. The Only One
10. Disappear
11. Higher



Genre: Pop
For Fans Of: The Summer Set, The Cab, Safety Suit

I don’t know about other people, but Parachute used to be one of my favorite bands back in two thousand nine because of their song “She Is Love”. And then about two years ago I got back into the metal and rock genres and never really watched Parachute anymore. I saw that they recorded this, and had to jump on it when I got the chance. So, I sent my request and got it, and I have to say that even though my kind of genre is mostly heavy music, I found this album highly enjoyable for what it is. This album is probably the catchiest album they've released so far (Or from what I know.) I actually did find this really enjoyable for what it is, and I’m not just saying that for the band to help promote this, I actually mean it. The album is definitely an album that’s a pop classic. Each song is poppy, and catchy, or something you’d hear on the radio to better describe it, I guess. Now, I know the radio isn't what it used to be, and only plays big artists... but the song “She Is Love” was on a few radio stations around me, and that was probably the best choice to play on the radio. That song really made Parachute look good, and boost up their careers into what they are today. A few songs that stand out on this album would have to be, “Meant To Be”, “Drive You Home”, “Overnight”, “The Only One”, and “Higher”. “Meant To Be”, starts off the album pretty well, and shows you how Parachute has grown a bit with their music, and this song is definitely pretty catchy, if you ask me. This song has a good concept with it as well, and I think that works out with their pop genre... which is nice, if you ask me. I remember the band writing sappy love songs, which might be a reason why I fell in love with them, but then again I was like twelve (I bet you didn't know I was that young, did you?), and I liked anything that came on to the radio, or anything that was shown on both VH1, and MTV. However, now that I’m older, I started to pick out my music taste carefully. “Meant To Be”, sort of reminds me of the song that got me into the band, and then again it kind of doesn't, because it’s more matured. “She Is Love” was more acoustic, in a way... and this in more poppy, if you ask me. “Drive You Home”, is another love song, on the album. I think that most of the song sort of ties into love, or something of that sort. Which happens to be a good topic to get fans hooked on, because we all know that females love pop bands, that write several songs about love, or some other topics that they can relate too. I think that Parachute makes songs about love sound better, because their vocalist has a high voice, so girls will just fall in love with the band there. I mean, I didn’t… okay I sort of… kind of… did. “Overnight”, is the title track of the album, and it's probably my favorite song on the album. It has this really good flow to it, which just makes it one of the better songs on the album, as well as the title track, the concept of the song kind of got to me also. I think the concept is about over-thinking something all night, when you should be sleeping. But instead, you’re thinking of something over-night (Get the little joke? No? Okay). “The Only One”, this song had the most interesting intro out of the all the songs on the album, in my opinion. It's one that kind of reminded me of Parachute's older music. The songs a lot softer than a lot of the album, and by that I don’t mean every song is heavy or hard-hitting, they’re at a rather soft pace, and written pretty well. Pop was never my favorite genre, but there are a few bands/artists in the pop genre, that I can tolerate to listen to, over, and over again... and Parachute just happens to be one of those bands. “Higher", is the final song on the album, and it's one of the more pop influenced songs on the album, if you ask me. The song isn't terribly poppy, but it’s more pop written than the other songs, as I hear it. The lyrics are pretty great. I really like when the vocalist gets within his range to get higher when he says “You got to go higher”. I thought it added more to the song because his range is more up there, than they were on the other songs. In my opinion, that made the song so much more interesting to listen to, and built more of a concept out of his vocals. I also feel like this song did end this album off pretty well, and definitely has me stoked for another release from Parachute, even though I stopped listening to them for a little bit. I’m back into being a big fan of the band! Breakdown:
Cleans: I feel like the clean vocals have gotten way better within time. When I first listen to them, I feel like they lacked in a few places. Then they got a lot better from this. Comparing the two is a bit dumb, because you can tell that this is the more mature album from the band, and it's probably their best album (I've heard so far). I’m definitely stoked for another album, in the mid future of the band. Instrument: The instrument play has improved a lot from older releases, as I've heard. They did get a lot better, and were able to catch my full attention... if that matters. I definitely think that with a little bit more work, the band may be a next Justin Bieber (By that, I mean get his career going to get huge, and known all over the word, and yadayayaya). I am a Parachute fan, once again... and I feel like these guys will continue to make good music.

Rating: 7/10
Like them on facebook