Another Lost Year - Better Days

Posted by Unknown On Monday, May 27, 2013

Track list:
1. Better Days
2. War On The Inside
3. All That We Are
4. Broken
5. What I Deserve
6. Angels
7. Runaway
8. Last Goodbye
9. Writing On The Wall
10. Come And Gone
11. Forgot About Us

Genre: Post Grunge
For Fans Of: Nickelback, Shinedown, Seether

Another Lost Year’s debut album, and honestly I’d have to say this band impressed me I've always had a thing for post grunge bands it’s one genre I grew up with and this band brings back some memories. But all in all I will give Another Lost Year their props and their due, this album is probably one of my favorites to listen to over and over again. There really isn't really anything to hate about this release if you love post grunge bands. The emotion this band brings to this album and to their songs is truly remarkable and something many bands don’t do much, but it’s always a shock to listen to a post grunge band and hear all the emotion they add to their songs and the feelings they’ll bring in a few minutes. A few songs that stood out on this album would have to be, Better Days, War On The Inside, Angels, Last Goodbye, Forgot About Us. Better Days is the strong point of this album I think, because it’s the first song and you just don’t expect the feelings the band brings at first. You can usually tell when an album is going to be good from the first song and if it isn't, now this isn't always the case for some bands but for this band that does fit. Better Days is also one of my favorite songs off this album because of the ending have growls at the end which is something I really wasn't expecting. War On The Inside has a lot of emotion to the song which is kind of a reason why it stands out a little bit more. I would have to say this song has a really good meaning and the emotion the vocalist adds to the song jut gives it this great feeling to it I can’t picture another band doing what this band did to this song, I seriously can’t but if another band does I really want to hear it as soon as they release it. I’m probably making this band out to be one of the best bands to come out. I’m honestly not trying too, but they are one of the best that I've heard recently and they’re definitely a band that needs to be heard by more people because this album is literally perfect in every sense of that word and I can’t wait for another release from this band in the future. Forgot About Us this song is the last song on this release, sadly! It had to end I would have been completely okay with another two or three songs to be honest. They do end this album off with a good song though, I’d have to say I really do like the meaning behind this song. From what I can hear in the lyrics it’s about a bad break up or a bad relationship a song that a lot of people can relate to and a good topic to cover because people do like songs they can relate to. I’d honestly have to say this band could save lives with their music and I’m sure they have already. When this band comes around me I will definitely go see them and buy this to support them because they honestly deserve to make it in their careers and have their music out there more. I’m really hoping they have another release coming out soon because I don’t know how long I could wait for another release. I seriously enjoyed this album a lot and I’m going to have to playing for a while until the day they write another album or come out with some new music. I hope other people enjoy this band as much as I did and become as big of a fan as I did with this release.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The vocalist has this voice that just fits really well in band and gives them this unique sound. I’d have to say one thing that’s a plus about the vocalists is the fact he can add all these emotions to the songs he writes and it does the band some serious good in the end and gives this album more reasoning to listen to it. I honestly really like the vocalist’s style with his vocals because it’s new and it fits really well with this band’s sound and it’s not really used in post grunge bands, well maybe in the past it was used a little bit more but now a days it isn't and it’s something that a lot of people can enjoy.
Screams: Now I’m going to call these vocals screams because they do sound like screams. You won’t really hear them a lot but in a few songs you end up hearing them near the end of the song. There’s nothing wrong in spicing up your music and adding another genre to your music to give you a great sound which is what this band did. The screams you hear are perfectly placed in the songs and the screams lyrics are great as well. There isn't really anything to complain about, but they could have added some more of the scream type vocals in their music to attract a different genres fan base to their music so they have a chance to have more than one genres fan base liking and looking at their music. Hopefully in the next release they do some more of this. It’s an idea they could use.
Instruments: The instrument play on this album isn't really amazingly good or god like, but I do give them some credit because on some songs there are some great guitar play or drum play or just a great instrument flow on it. Another Lost Year has everything a good band needs to succeed in today’s music and I would honestly love to see them get a lot bigger than they are now maybe in the future they will get noticed and get really big.

Rating: 10/10
Like them on facebook