M3 Rock Festival

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, May 5, 2013
















Genre: Hair Metal

M3 Rock Festival was a two day event, but sadly I was only able to make it to one of those days, which was the Saturday show.
The show that I went to had some really great bands playing like Bret Michaels Band, Twisted Sister, Jackyl, Steel Panther, JSRG and the amazing Loudness! The only thing I could honestly say that I didn’t like about this show, was the set times, and how long it took the bands to get on stage. It was about a 45 minutes wait between bands. It was really weird to wait that long for a band to get set up and whatnot, but they probably had their reasoning. Now the full line up for the show is: Korupt, Love/hate, Steelheart, Trixter, JSRG, Loudness, Steel Panther, Twisted Sister, and Bret Michaels Band who was the headliner of the show. These bands were on the main stage. Now these bands were on the other stage they had set up for the show, Streetlight Circus, Tuff, Great White (Featuring Jack Russel), Kings-X, Fire House, and my personal favorite band Jackyl. I will have to honestly say that even though these bands are pretty old, they still put on a one HELL of a show. There really wasn’t any disappointing moments with the music. I will have to point out though that Steel panther had one of the most interactive sets with the crowd in my opinion, but that’s just how their shows are. Most of the bands playing this show were 80’s bands, or Hairbands. These are bands that have been around for 30 years or so, and have yet to die. They’re some of the few older genres to last a long time. I doubt that hair metal, or 80’s will ever die. In the future, maybe. But anytime soon? Not likely! One of the better bands on the second stage was Tuff, and of course they played their famous song “American Hair Bands”, which seriously made me want to mosh… I’m admitting it, I wanted to mosh at an 80’s show, and I have no shame in it whatsoever. But with all these great older bands at one show, there has to be a few that just really stood out a lot more; and the two main ones were JSRG and Twisted Sister. JSRG is a full 80’s/metal hairband that is only female members. This band was called “Vixen”, back in the day. But for whatever reason, the band had a fall out, and the lead singer took the name. However, they did happen to play one of their hits as Vixen which is one “Edge Of A Heart Break” this song was perfect in the studio and live. The singer can still sing her heart out, which honestly impressed me to the extent that I want to see them again. Now Twisted Sister… I love Twisted Sister no matter, what but when Dee took the acoustic guitar, and basically smashed it, and said “we’ll never be like the rest of the bands that went unplugged!”, that in my opinion was very disrespectful to the bands that did, (Bret Michaels might have hated that a bit) but other than that they had a fairly decent set. Dee can definitely sing as well as he did back in his glory days of the Twisted Sister.
Honestly, M3 was a fairly decent show, and I will definitely be going again next year. I’m still sun burnt from standing in front of the festival stage! I’m hoping that the line up next year is a bit better, and maybe that they’ll fix the waiting times between bands. 

Rating: 8/10