Youth In Revolt - Locked And Loaded

Posted by Unknown On Friday, May 10, 2013




















Genre: Post Hardcore
For Fans Of: Skarlett, Set On Famous, Amyst

Youth In Revolt’s debut single and I’d have to say this band came into the music scene with a huge bang, I honestly don’t think any of their fan base that’s heard their Ke$ha cover was expecting this.  Now I’m not going to sit here and say this song is terrible and generic like the most of the youtube comments are saying because I honestly don’t think theirs music a post hardcore band can do that’s not used already, post hardcore is a pretty big genre but each band has their own type of style with everything, anyway. Youth In Revolt is a pretty impressive band when you actually sit there and listen to everything in this song, not going to lie there, their guitar work is brilliant and their drumming is great, the vocals were the biggest surprise for me there are some crazy highs on this song which is something I enjoyed. After really listening to this song a few times over and over I can kind of hear how asking Alexandria and capture the crown could have possibly influenced this band, but as I've said every band has their own style with their music and that is something no one really looks into they only care about the sound if they don’t like it, it’s either generic or garbage and they voice their opinions and post the song over and over again telling everyone how bad it is, which if you honestly think about it you’re giving the band some promotion, and youth in revolt could deal with that promotion you’re giving them, it’s not going to affect their careers much. Now with all this being said, I do support these dudes in whatever they’re planning to do, but the one thing I loved about this song which might be what a lot of people hate about it, is the lyrics, sure they’re immature and they curse a lot, it happens but the song has a wonderful flow to it and is really enjoyable no matter how many times you listen to it. Definitely stoked on for whatever these guys are doing next.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals, have a few parts in this song and when you first hear the clean vocalist you aren't really expecting them. The range is somewhat high, this type of a range seems to be the most popular today, I really do enjoy this bands clean vocalist, he has a nice voice and a great flow to his voice to make this song sound even better. I kind of wish he had a few more lines in this song though.
Screams: The screamer has somewhat of an original range it sounds like his highs are pretty neat to listen to in this song. The screamer has more parts in the song then the clean vocalist does, I’m okay with it but in the future I want them to have equal parts, if they do this the song might be a little bit more interesting to listen to.  But in fully honesty, I have to give it up to the screamer for having such a unique style even though it gets the generic label, I don’t think I've heard many vocalist who can hit that high notes like he does, he definitely makes the song more interesting to listen to and keeps your attention on the song.
Instruments: The instrument play kept me liking this song to be completely honest, I really do like the guitar play and the drumming on this song, it just sticks out on this song pretty well. The instrument play kind of shows how they got their influences from asking Alexandria, capture the crown, and a few other bands if you listen closely, now this isn't a bad thing because I kind of like the asking Alexandria vibe in band’s music, I love how they mess around with it to make something sound amazing, sure youth in revolt may sound like every other post hardcore band to some people but to the other half they’re a band trying to make it in this scene, and those people will treat with  respect. On that note, seriously stoked for the next song to come out.

Rating: 4/5
Like them on facebook