Slette - Northwest Riders (Ft. Decent)

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, May 22, 2013














Genre: Rap
For Fans Of: Eminem, Hopsin, Jarren Benton.

This is a brand new song from Slette, featuring Decent. Now some background on Decent: He’s sixteen, and one of the best local based rappers that I’ve heard, along with Slette. Now both rappers have been writing songs for a while now, and they’re great together. I sure would like to see them do more songs together in their futures. Now in full honesty, I’ve known Slette for a few years, and at first he wasn’t that good. However, he’s been improving his rapping, his style, and his lyrics. If you asked me a year or two ago if Slette was good, I’d probably tell you no, and that he’s not worth listening too; but if you asked me today, I would say yes, Slette has honestly grown up, and improved a lot in his rapping career. The man deserves everything he has right now, and I fully agree with that. It’s honestly kind of crazy being with this guy for a year or so, and watching him grow as an artist. I have to admit it’s a great feeling, I told Slette a few months ago that he should start rapping about real topics, and some other stuff other than sex and partying. That stuff is starting to die out in the genre, which is good in my honest opinion. Once I said that, he liked the idea and used it for his newest album, “Let Me Be Legendary”. The guy makes me proud to be honest. Now Decent, I honestly haven’t heard much from Decent, but after this, I kind of want to hear more from him. I mean he’s 16, has a sick flow, and some sick lyrics. He’s going to go far, and I can honestly say that from just listening to this song. I’d like to see Decent do the same as Slette, and see how it works out for him. If he raps about topics that people can relate too, and can have some feelings that too, he might end up getting bigger than he expected in such little time. Decent has a nice flow with his lyrics, and his voice just sounds like it fits fully with the beat of the song. This is something that does him some good. The kid has a lot of talent, and I’d like to see him make it big in his career, I honestly do.
Cleans: Both Decent, and Slette have some good vocals and nice flows with their lyrics. This does them some honest good in their music. I only hope that these two can improve, and get better than what they are now, because it will do them some favors in their futures of being artists. One main thing that does them both justice, is the fact they keep along with the beat in the song pretty well.
Beat: The beat is pretty straight going, and sounds kind of like a club song, in my full opinion. The beat doesn't change much, which is pretty nice. It’s basically calm and relaxed.


Rating: 4/5
Like Slette on facebook