The Glory Game - On Top Of The World

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, April 30, 2013




















Genre: Pop
For Fans Of: All Time Low, Blink-182, Plug In Stereo, 

The Glory Game’s newest single and if I must say one of my favorite songs from these guys. This song has a lot of emotion to it and has a great overall sound to it. The lyrics only give it more of a plus in my books! These guys never honestly never fail to amaze me. Pop definitely isn't my home genre or a genre I’m into but for some odd reason I really like The Glory Game and the music they put out. Now my only dislike about this song Is the length of it, because 2 minutes is too short for a song this good in my opinion. I really wish this song was a little bit longer than it is now, because honestly who knows what these guys could have done with another few minutes? They could have did some great things to this song not trying to say they didn't but they could have added a lot more and probably make this song score number one on the pop bill boards, but one thing this song does is make you wonder what the next song will sound like and if it’ll have the same feeling as this song. One thing this band has that makes them stand out is probably their style in their music it’s somewhat unique, the vocal style, the drumming, the guitar play all new and give this band the edge they need to be one of the best pop bands to come out, well I do think this in my opinion The Glory Game is one of my favorite pop bands that I've heard because they have something pretty good going on for them and I honestly cannot wait for them to release a ep or a full length album whenever that may be. I’ll be sure to pick one up!
Breakdown:
Cleans: The vocals are the best part in my opinion, the emotion in this band is really nice and you can hear the emotion in the clean vocalists voice even his style has some emotion to it to make this band sound a bit different than the other bands in the genre. If I have to pick one thing about this band I enjoy the most it would probably be the vocals, the vocal style is somewhat new to me and it’s really enjoyable if I do say so to myself. This band has a lot going for them and a lot of unique features, I can only hope this all pays off for them in the future.
Instruments: Their instrument play is fairly new to me, but I don’t listen to many pop bands so that might be why, but this band has some really nice instrument play in their music to be completely honest. Maybe to people familiar with the genre they might not think so but for someone like me who doesn't really know much about pop I think their instrument play is great now I’m not going to say it’s the best thing ever there are some parts that could use some work though.

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook