Forever The Sickest Kids - J.A.C.K

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, June 16, 2013

Track list:
1. Chin Up
2. Don't Let Me Go
3. Nice To Meet You
4. Nikki
5. Ritalin
6. Kick It
7. Playing With Fire
8. Count On Me (For Nothing)
9. La La Lainey
10. My Friends Save Me
11. Cross My Heart


Genre: Pop Punk
For Fans Of:  Artist Vs. Poet, The Summer Set, Every Avenue

“J.A.C.K”, is Forever The Sickest Kids new album and I do have to say this band is probably one of my favorite pop punk bands to come out in a while. This album is full of memorable lyrics, and catchy tunes. Now I’m not a huge pop punk fan at all, but I do have to say I’m a huge fan of Forever The Sickest Kids because most of their lyrics are memorable, or they have a positive meaning. One thing I might add to this before I get more into the album is that I’ll be seeing them play some new stuff (Hopefully) at Vans Warped Tour this year! I’m pretty excited about this because this will be the first time I get to see Forever The Sickest Kids live. Anyways, back to the album! “J.A.C.K”, is filled, and I do mean filled, with very serious memorable lyrics, and I think that’s one thing that really caught my attention when listening to this album. I do know a lot of pop punk bands have attempted to write catchy tunes, and that is something Forever The Sickest Kids succeeded in. A few songs that stood out on this album would be: “Chin Up Kid”, “Nice To Meet You”, ”Ritalin”, ”Playing With Fire”, ” My Friends Save Me”, and “Cross My Heart”. The little intro before “Chin Up Kid” was a nice add-on to the song. “Chin Up Kid” is one of the more catchier songs on the album. The lyrics are sort of aimed to the young relationships that won’t last. Well, most of the time they don’t. Some do and some just don’t. I can honestly say “Chin Up Kid” would be the song that gets sung out in the crowd more than any other song on the album, but hey that’s just how I see this song. “Nice To Meet You” is one of my favorite songs from Forever The Sickest Kids, in all honesty. It has strong memorable lyrics, and it’s a really catchy song. Between “Chin Up Kid” and “Nice To Meet You”, I’d like to see which song is sung the loudest in the crowd. “Ritalin” is a song that has both elements; heavily memorable lyrics, and a catchy tune. The chorus to the song, is the only thing I can really that say might be a crowd thing. The song is kind of the ballad of the album, or at least that’s my opinion about it. The ending of the song, that little speech type of a thing, is the main part that gives this song its props. This song can relate to many kids though, that is its huge thing. “Playing With Fire”, is one of my favorite songs off this album, because of the lyrics and just the overall sound of the song. The meaning behind the song, or how I see it being about, is about playing with fire, or being a situation that could be like fire. “My Friends Save Me”, is a song that only has just memorable lyrics. There are a few parts that are rather catchy, just not as catchy as some of the other songs on this album. The song is enjoyable either way. I've listened to a few other albums from Forever The Sickest Kids, but I don’t think they ended off any release, better than they did with this release. “Cross My Heart", in my opinion, was their best song ending to an album, so far. Not saying that this could change in the next release, but I do hope they end off their next release with an even bigger bang than what “Cross My Heart” brought to the table.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The vocals on this album have a very distinctive style and range, which only made it way more interesting to listen to. The vocal range isn't too low, or too high. It's set just perfect for their genre, and style of music. To be completely honest, the vocalist has a style that could only fit in one genre. I just couldn't see him doing another genre with his music. There are a few songs that the range is a bit higher than others, and even then, they fit perfectly with the instrument play.
Instrument: The instrument play on this album really fit perfectly with the pop punk genre. It’s really catchy, and upbeat in most of the songs, which are only pluses for Forever The Sickest Kids. There’s a few places where the instrument is spot on, and greatly done. One of my favorite songs when it comes to instrument play is “Playing With Fire”. The intro has I'm guessing an acoustic guitar? Which kind of caught me off guard the first time that I was listening to this album. Their instrument play on some of the songs are phenomenal, and I’m not just saying that. Some of the instrument on this album really stand out in pop punk, or at least it does to me.

Rating: 9/10
Like them on facebook