Sleeping With Sirens - Let's Cheer To This

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, June 1, 2013

Track list:
1. Do It Now Remember It Later
2. If You Can't Hang
3. Who Are You Now
4. Four Corner And Two Sides
5. A Trophy Fathers Trophy Son
6. Fire
7. Tally It Up, Settle The Score.
8. Your Nickle Ain't Worth My Dime
9. Postcards And Polaroids
10. All My Heart
11. Let's Cheer To This

Genre: Post Hardcore
For Fans Of:  We Came As Romans, Copeland, Pierce The Veil

If you were a big fan of their first album. You’ll probably wonder if it’s the same band at first but this album grows on you after a while, but it doesn't sound anything like their first album in my opinion. Let’s Cheer To This is a lot softer then With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear the albums have many differences to them for the good and the bad. If you really enjoyed With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear there’s a good chances you won’t like this much because of the fact it sounds completely different and it’s more about the emotion then the sound on some of these songs. A few songs on this album that stood out would have to be, Do It Now Remember It Later, If You Can’t Hang, Four Corners And Two Sides, A Trophy Fathers Trophy Son, Your Nickel Ain't Worth My Dime, and All My Heart. Do It Now Remember is the song that basically opens up this album and boy does it do its job. I’d have to say the song really caught your attention when you first hear it and it keeps your attention. One thing I noticed on this album as well this song was the fact there’s a clean vocalist and screamer. It’s no longer one person doing all the vocals it’s two people. Now this changes up their musically style a little bit because the screamer has a deeper voice than the clean vocalist but it’s alright. The songs still came out pretty good and I’m not going to lie it sounds better this way in my honest opinion. If You Can’t Hang is definitely this albums hit song and one of the most played songs from this band as far as I can tell. I guess because it’s about a break up in context? Or something of that sort? The song is definitely one of the better songs on this album. It’s not a heavy song it’s actually quite soft and somewhat relaxing when it comes to sound and its straight forward which is something I’d have to say I really enjoy. The clean vocals are definitely the best on this song I think. Four Corners And Two sides is one of the heavier songs on this album. It’s not that heavy but it’s definitely heavy when it comes to the vocals and a few heavy guitar riffs. One thing this song has that makes it stand out is the screams throughout the song and they sound angry which adds more to the song. A Trophy Fathers Trophy Son now I’d be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of Sleeping With Sirens and songs like this really makes me proud to say I’m a fan of them because this song is probably one of the best written songs that this band has to written. The meaning of the song kind of hits home with feelings and that might be why a lot of people like this song. It’s basically about the vocalist’s father not being there for him in his childhood and this happens a lot to people in bands it seems. They’ll write something about their childhood that people can relate to and enjoy. Your Nickel Ain't Worth my Dime this is more of the pop focused songs and you can easily hear this in their sound. It sounds like they try to blend a few genres onto this album which isn't a bad thing, and it honestly does them some better good for their careers and it shows how talented they are. Your Nickel Ain't Worth My Dime is sadly the shortest song on this album which is something I really disliked because this song is one of those songs that should be a lot longer than it is, but hey it’s not all that bad near the end of the song they give us a little guitar solo to enjoy. All My Heart this song is the perfect acoustic song and I’m pretty sure it’s recorded acoustically for a while then it changes to a full band song and it gets better and the drumming is just unexpected on this song, because you think it’s going to be a full acoustic song. All My Heart is one of the songs a boyfriend would sing to a girlfriend or to a crush to get hopes of dating and they’d probably succeed. If this happened to you, you should probably thank Sleeping With Sirens and buy this album for them to show you love them for getting you a date.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocalist in Sleeping With Sirens hasn't changed his style much at all. He still has the incredibly high vocals that get all the girls listening and all the guys jealous of his vocal talented. I’d give them props for this because they’re one of the few bands that can pull this off perfectly and they have a good overall sound added the vocals. A few songs on this album though the vocalist goes low with his vocals then high in an instant. He’s definitely one of the more talented vocalist in the post hardcore genre and I can only hope he gets noticed for it.
Screams: On the first album the clean vocalist also did the screams, but on this album there’s someone else in the band doing screams, now he doesn't completely ruin it because he makes the band have a unique sound because of his screams. They’re deeper and lower than they were on the first album. Old fans might really enjoy this because they’re used to a heavier sounding Sleeping With Sirens, newer fans won’t know what to expect, but I honestly really enjoyed this from the band and I can only hope they grow with this sound.
Instruments: The instrument play on this album definitely improved a lot. My favorite part of the instruments on this album is the fact there are some guitar solos and some amazing guitar and drum parts and they’re clear to hear which does this band some serious good.

Rating: 8/10
Like them on facebook