Sleeping With Sirens - With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, June 1, 2013

Track list:
1. If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn
2. The Bomb Dot Com V2.0
3. You Kill Me (In A Good Way)
4. Let Love Bleed Red (Ft. Aaron Marsh)
5. Captain Tyin Knots Vs. Mr Walkway (No Way) (Ft. Dave Stephens)
6. Don't Fall Asleep At the Helm
7. With Ears to See, and Eyes to Hear
8. In Case of Emergency, Dial 411
9. The Left Side of Everywhere
10. Dance Party

Genre: Post Hardcore
For Fans Of: We Came As Romans, Copeland, Pierce The Veil

Sleeping With Sirens' debut album. I’d honestly have to say this is one of my favorite albums to come out in a while. A lot of the songs that are on this album are relatable, there’s not many that you can’t relate too in a way. Sleeping With Siren has this unique sound to go with their music which is something that makes them stand out altogether. But in the end this album came out brilliantly and it’s definitely something that can be replayed over and over again and not get boring. Ten songs isn't enough for this album in full honesty. I wish they added a few more songs to this album, it’d make it a little bit better. A few songs that stood out on this album would be, If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn, Let Love Bleed Red, Captain Tyin Knots Vs. Mr Walkway (No Way), Don’t Fall Asleep At The Helm, and Dance Party. If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn was probably their best choice to start off this album with. It shows how heavy they can be and how emotional they can be at the same time and in only three minutes. This song got them pretty big and showed people how some bands in the post hardcore genre can really sound if they really think about their sound and how they want something to sound. I can honestly say this would Sleeping With Sirens' Ballad if we lived back in the 80’s, this would be the song that gets played almost everywhere and everyone knew it. Let Love Bleed Red is one song on this album I really enjoyed on this album, because of the sound of it, it’s not heavy it’s actually pretty soft and has a really nice meaning to it, plus it features Aaron Marsh from Copeland. His vocals only made this song sound so much better in my honest opinion, not trying to say Sleeping With Sirens' vocalist can’t sing but Aaron definitely brought some spice to the song. Captain Tyin Knots Vs. Mr Walker (No Way) is one of the more heavier songs on this album along with The Bomb Dot Com V2.0 I think they’re the heaviest songs on the album, but something that made Captain Tyin Knots Vs. Mr Walker (No Way) stood out more was the fact Dave Stephens was on the song for a little bit. His vocals really made this song come alive and sound better. I think Dave and Sleeping With Sirens should do some more songs together in the future, maybe even add Kyle?! I wonder what that’d do for Sleeping With Sirens? That song would seriously be the best song to come out of a post hardcore band. If you know, it ever happens. Don’t Fall Asleep At The Helm, my personal favorite song on this album. The song has a great sound, great vocal tone, great everything to it. It’s not only one of the softer songs on the album and but in my opinion one of the better songs written lyrically on the album. I would honestly like to see Sleeping With Sirens write more songs like this in their future. Now Dance Party isn't really a song to say, I mean you can hear some vocals in the background but it’s more of a soft instrumental the band did to end off the album. They ended the album perfectly to say the least. I would love to see how they end of the next one.
Breakdown:
Cleans: I’d have to give the vocals his due. The vocalist definitely has a range that no one could come close too and his voice really makes it more unique sounding. I really like how high he can go then he can do some crazy low screams perfectly. It must have took this guy awhile to learn how to do that correctly and not mess up his vocal cords or he’s just gifted and bound to become a legend in the vocal world, who knows though we’ll have to see what happens in his future along with Sleeping With Sirens Future of being a band, I can only expect big things for him and the band, if they can ever write an album that could amount to this I can see them being huge, and I don’t think you can say that about many post hardcore bands.
Screams: It’s kind of weird hearing the screams and the clean vocals and finding out the same guy does both. His clean vocal range is insane but his screams are even crazier. He knows how to go pretty low with his screams and pretty high with his clean vocals, it makes me wonder, like seriously wonder how long it took me to figure out how to do this without messing up his vocals or effecting his vocal cords. I’d be lying if I didn't give this guy props for being this talented and insane. I really want to hear what he does on the next album or next song, I have high hopes for this band because of this album and I’d love to see them go pretty far in their careers but I’ll have to wait and see what happens to the band and see where they go. But back on the one vocalist thing… I’m just stunned and amazed of the talent.
Instruments: The instrument play on this album is pretty nice in full honesty. The way they can switch to some heavy guitar tuning to soft tuning is pretty nifty and good to hear. I could honestly see this band writing a song that gets played at high school proms and it being the song people slow dance to. That’s what I can see from this band after listening to this album twice. I give the drummer his props too, don’t worry there are some great drumming on this album and it really does them some good in the end.

Rating: 10/10
Like them on facebook