Jarren Benton x SMKA - Huffing Glue With Hasselhoff

Posted by Unknown On Friday, June 28, 2013

Track list:
1. I Will Not Lose
2. DJ (Skit)
3. Get a Load of Me
4. Justin Bieber (Ft. Elz Jenkins)
5. Ima Murder
6. A Spacesuit & Parachute (Ft. Aleon Craft)
7. Most Interesting (Skit)
8. F#ck That Sh!t The Drinkin (ft. Tom P)
9. Nostrils Full of that Eddie Cane
10. 30K Feet (ft. Elz Jenkins)
11. Losin It
12. No Lie In The Verses (ft. Kid Daytona & Big Remo)

Genre: Rap
For Fans Of: Hopsin, Swizz, Dizzy Wright

This is Jarren Benton’s first mixtape “Huffing Glue With Hasselhoff”, and this is the mixtape that gave him a  name in the rap scene of music. He’s one of my favorite rappers if I do say so myself! He’s pretty crazy with his rhymes and he really doesn't care who he offends. I have to give Jarren some props for some of his raps, because they’re usually always funny in some way. This mixtape gave him a name, and a good name for that matter. Jarren may not be for everyone who likes rap, because of the way he spits his raps. His lyrics aren't always nice, so some of them might be offensive to some people. A few songs that stand out on this mixtape would have to be, “I Will Not Lose”, “Justin Biebier ft. Elz Jenkins”, “A Spacesuit & Parachute ft. Aleon Craft”, “F#ck That Sh!t The Drinkin ft. Tom P”, and “No Lie In The Verses ft. Kid Daytona & Big Remo”. “I Will Not Lose”, is the first song on this mixtape, and it’s basically the intro to the mixtape, and what could be Jarren’s career. Jarren shows off his skills quite well in this song, and he does show off his skills pretty well on this track. “Justin Bieber ft. Elz Jenkins”, is a song that really shows off Jarrens humorous side since this song was pretty much focused on the laughs, or at least that’s what it sounds like. There’s even a comparison to Justin Bieber; Jarren gets girls just as well, and as easily as Justin Bieber does. Jarren does have a pretty sick flow on this song, and that’s one reason I enjoy this song more than the rest on the mixtape, it’s pretty freaking funny. The featured rapper, Elz Jenkins’s verse on this song was pretty sick as well. I haven’t really heard much from him, but after listening to this I listened to some more of his songs. He’s not one of my favorite rappers, but he’s another rapper I can actually stand. Jarren Benton is my favorite rapper, because he seems like he doesn't care how he sounds as long as he’s having fun, and as long as his fans like his stuff. “A Spacesuit & Parachute ft. Aleon Craft”, was another one of my favorite songs on this mixtape. It’s another song that seems to have some humor behind it, which is pretty nice to have. It shows that he has some fun in the studio, and when he’s writing things for his songs. I've honestly never heard of Aleon, or any of the features on this song, but I’d have to say that they fit Jarren’s style pretty well. Their flows fit perfectly in each song, and that really counts. I’d rather hear a feature that fits perfectly, than one that only fits a tiny bit. “F#ck That Sh!t The Drinkin ft. Tom P”, is one song that really would fit in the “clubscene”. Where you’d hear this song is beyond me. Maybe at some nightclub? I’d have to say that the beats on this song are pretty good, and you can tell Jarren’s flow comes from the beat. If you noticed, every song I’ve said that stands out on this mixtape, have some type of humor behind it. This one seems to point at certain people, not rappers, but how people act in general. Tom P, I've never heard of him, and I can say that his flow is a bit faster than Jarren’s, but it still fit with the song. It definitely made the song a bit more interesting to hear. Almost every song on this release has a pretty sick beat to it, and Jarren’s flow really made the songs come alive. Now for “No Lie In The Verses ft. Kid Daytona & Big Remo”, I've read that this is a bonus track, however, it seemed like no matter where you’d get the mixtape that it would be there. So, I don’t know what makes it a bonus track. It must not be on the physical copy (if they ever made those for this). It’s the last song on the mixtape, and it goes all out in order to end this mixtape off with a sort of a POW! It’s a bit of a soft song, and the beat isn't that loud either. But it still really makes the song stick out a bit. Both of the features on this song, make the song interesting. I’d like to see them do this song live, if they ever do a tour, or a show together. The only thing that’s a bit different on this song, is that you don’t hear Jarren until the end of the song. Which, I guess was a good thing, because you get to hear more of both of the features first. One of my favorite lines on this song, and one that I found hilarious was “You know how I know we going to have sex tonight? How? Bitch, I’m stronger than you.” I don’t know what it is about that line, it was just unexpected and it was pretty funny the first time. It basically shows how dark Jarren’s humor is.
Breakdown:
Cleans: Basically, Jarren’s vocals are a bit unique, and original, but that comes from his voice. The way he spits his rhymes, and is able to keep a good rhythm, is what really makes him a better rapper, in all honesty. He doesn’t seem to spit them too slow, but somewhat fast, and it kind of sounds like he’s trying to copy Busta Rythmes style. However, in full honesty, he isn't… he’s taking an idea and making it fit to his sound, which is something I found highly enjoyable.
Beats: The beats on this mixtape were somewhat enjoyable. Some of them could have been a bit better, but they all tied into Jarrens sound, and his raps perfectly. So, in the long run that’s all that matters. The fast beats that you’ll hear on the mixtapes, were the ones I found more enjoyable. That might only be for me. The slower beats just aren't really that interesting, but the one in “No Lie In The Verses”, was one I found highly enjoyable for being a slow beat. I’d like to see Jarren find someone who can make a really fast beat, and then him freestyle on it.

Rating: 8/10
Like him on facebook