Searu - Circulate

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, June 19, 2013



















Genre: Melodic Metal
For Fans Of: TesseracT, Textures, Opeth

I've honestly never heard of Searu in my life, but I can honestly say that after listening to “Circulate”, I’m pretty glad that I've finally heard of them. “Circulate”, is their first song ever, from what I read, and It definitely gives them a good rep from me. This song is filled with good grooves, and harsh vocals that almost everyone who likes metal could enjoy. Searu is definitely going to go places in their future. I can be really sure of that because of this song. This song has a few other elements of genres in it, which is something that does Searu some good. It has some groove elements, along with metal elements. Those are the two that stand out the best on the song. If you listen closely, you can hear some jazz influence a bit. This song definitely stands out when it comes to metal band writing music, but in a good way, not a bad way. I hope the next few songs Searu releases sound sort of like this, and different at the same time. Even though Searu is from the UK, I really do hope they make it big enough to hit the states to do some big shows.
Breakdown:
Screams: The screams are pretty harsh, and the growls are pretty intense if you ask me. But that, and that only, is what makes them part of the metal scene of music. I really do like the vocalist’s growls. They kind of caught me off guard, because at the intro I really didn't know what to expect vocal wise. I was honestly thinking it would be clean vocals, but instead I got some harsh vocals, with some pretty intense growls. You could probably say that I was pretty pleased. In the next song that Searu does, I hope there are some more vocals that sound different instead of just growls, and harsh screams. Maybe some highs? So they can spice up the song a little bit. To be completely honest, the vocalist knows his vocal talents, and that’s what really matters. I’m pretty stoked over the next song to be made.
Instruments: The instrument play is something that really stands out on the song. The guitars are tuned perfectly. The begging guitar play, kind of remind of a Black Sabbath song a bit. And I didn't really expect that at all when I first started listening to the song. Searu’s instrument talents caught me off guard completely. I honestly wasn't expecting any of it. That being said, I do believe this band is talented, very talented in that matter. I honestly hope that Searu ends up writing more groove-metal songs that sound like this.

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook