Sleeping With Sirens - Dead Walker Texas Ranger

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, June 1, 2013




















Genre: Post Hardcore
For Fans Of: We Came As Romans, Copeland, Pierce The Veil.

Sleeping With Sirens did a single based off a holiday. I didn't think bands still did this, but I’m glad they did because it seemed like this concept for music was dead for a while. Now it may be because of ‘trick or treat” that make this song somewhat better to hear or it might be because it’s a Sleeping With Sirens song, who really knows. But this song is something good and I’m pretty glad they did this for Halloween, but I kind of hope they do this for Christmas or Easter or some other holiday at involves gift. This song kind of tells a story or it seems that way with the lyrics which gives this song a better feeling and greater concept for the holiday. I would have to say I hope Sleeping With Sirens should adopt to this writing style for their next release because it may do them some serious good and heck it might even get them to the number one spot on billboards across America. The thing near the middle of the song was unexpected but it was probably the best edition to the song and it definitely gave this song some props. It’s basically the vocalist telling the other band members what to do. This song kind of reminded me of a zombie movie or the walking dead on just because of that part. I’d have to say after listening to this song a few times that I really hope the band thinks about doing a song like this for every holiday because it’d be a good edition for them or if they did another Halloween song or a ep based on a holiday or all of the holidays would be a good idea for them to use for a mini release.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The vocalist made his vocals sound absolutely perfect on this song. His voice in a few parts kind of sounded like he was narrating a story or something of that sort. His range on this song is somewhat different from their older release but not entirely. I’d have to say I really did like the fact he can do his vocals then do the middle part where he tells the other band members to do. That part really made the song stand out a bit and gave it some life. I’d like to see what these guys do for another holiday or for Halloween next year. I’d have to say I’m pretty excited, if they even do another song like this in their future which I really do hope they do.
Screams: The screams sound somewhat different. Their vocalist definitely wanted to give a gift to their fans and he did! One thing about the screams that many people might not notice or hear. When their vocalist is telling the band what to do in the house he does his scream at the end of his sentence. It’s pretty notice able but I feel like a lot of people won’t pay much attention to it.
Instruments: the instrument play is a little heavier than what you’d expect on a Sleeping With Sirens song, but they did end up making a really good Halloween gift for their fans and in the process make one of their better songs. I just hope this band does something else like this in their future of being a band. I wasn't expecting it at first but I’m pretty glad they ended up doing this. Maybe it’ll give other bands ideas and we’ll see more of these type of songs. One can only hope.

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook