Kingdom Of Giants - In Focus

Posted by Unknown On Monday, April 1, 2013




















Genre: Post Hardcore
For fans of: With Oceans Below, Darkest Before Dawn, Adestria

Another song they released, I’m hoping this means they’re releasing an album or something in the near future. This song has a really nice start to it, but it does sound a lot different than the other stuff they've released a bit, the vocals are different in style, they still have the aggressive vibe though which is a good thing for them. I would also have to say the clean vocals changed up a little bit for the best, if you were a fan of the older clean vocalist, you may not like this style, but then again you might like this a little bit. To be completely fair this isn't my favorite thing they've released, but it’s something isn't it? I’m hoping they don’t take this direction to be completely honest, but if they end up doing so I hope they make the best out of it. Kingdom Of Giants has a bright future ahead of them for sure, not going to lie there, I just hope they get the best out of it. To say the least, I’m excited for the next thing they end up releasing, ep or album or even another single, I’m pretty excited for it.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals changed up a bit, they’re not as high as they once were, to someone that liked the ep and Mj Returns this is a huge change. Hopefully this isn't the full direction they’re going or it was made quickly, I do like the song, but it’s just not the same thing from Kingdom Of Giants.
Screams: The screamer still somewhat has his aggressive vibe to his vocals. Which is something they kept that made me really happy to hear, his style has changed a little bit, not for the worst but the best, I’m hoping he makes some small changes and gets even better.
Instruments: The instrument play has improved as well,  for the better, I mean it’s not as heavy and the flow isn’t the way it used to be, but it’s still really nice once you listen to it, the vocals and the instrument play end up going together fairly well which is really nice. But to be completely honest it’s not the Kingdom Of Giants vibe as it once was, but oh well, every band has to improve and mature, they’re definitely doing that and you can hear it pretty well which makes it better.

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook