Lazarus - Silence Before The Storm

Posted by Unknown On Friday, April 19, 2013







Genre: Metal
For Fans Of: The World Alive, Falling In Reverse, Tunnels Aberdeen

One thing about this song, the song itself fits the name sort of. It’s relaxed the first few seconds kind of like the calm before the storm. This song is the band’s debut and first song off their upcoming ep. I’d be lying if I said Lazarus didn't impress me with their first song and only song. After giving this a few good listening it kind of got me wondering what will this ep hold and sound like. If anything I hope the band takes this sound they used on this song and improve it and mess around with it to come up with a sound for the ep. The only thing I wish was that the vocals were produced a bit differently, they’re good don’t get me wrong it’s just that I kind of want them to sound more clean then they are on this song, the band did a great job nonetheless and I’m pretty excited to see what they do next in all honesty and what they do for this ep they’re releasing if it ends up sounding like this jut improved a little bit better you can definitely bet that I’m going to be buying it in a heartbeat! I’m hoping this band goes a good way in their careers they definitely and rightfully deserve to be heard more and get more exposure. Also, the lyrics for this song are greatly written and honestly some good lyrics and I kind of like the vibe I was getting from them, the vocals sort of show the emotion behind the lyrics a little bit which is something that might have gotten me more into the song, but without a doubt the band did end up impressing me with this song and it’s kind of funny because this is the first and only song they have and it’s somewhat hard to get me to become a fan with only one song. Lazarus did it though and I’m not complaining much.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals are well done. I know for a fact the clean vocals are one thing that got me into this song more both vocals cleans and screams did a great job on the song and I can only imagine hearing more from this band vocal wise, oh the wonders it could hold! The clean vocals do show the emotion a bit and goes along with the lyrics greatly.
Screams: The screams are definitely another thing that caught my attention, the only thing I can honestly hate about the screams is the fact they’re not produced to clear to understand them fully, but it’s alright you can still sort of hear the words perfectly if you listen closely.
Instruments: The guitars on this song are the main thing you can hear clearly, which isn't a bad thing the whole flow of the song is highly impressive itself. The fact everything works together so greatly is another big thing this song. If this band wants to do something to improve their music it would be in their best intentions to add a guitar or a drum solo, I mean let’s be honest, who doesn't like a good solo in a song?

Rating: 5/5
Like them on facebook