Skyscrapers Walk Among Us -Divergence Of Our Lives

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, April 18, 2013

1. Sunrise
2. The Raddest Chicks Never Say Die
3. My Best Friend Is Now My Worst Enemy
4.  The Desert and the Destiny
5. Staging a Hollywood Getaway
6. Rooms Filled With Ghost of My Past
7. Nah Dude I'm On Varsity Now
8. Sunset


Genre: Post Hardcore
For Fans Of: Missing In Maryland, My Sky Your City, This Romantic Tragedy

Every so often an outstanding post hardcore band that could possibly change the genre comes along and then breaks up for who knows what reason, this seems to have happen to Skyscrapers Walk Among Us they had everything a good post hardcore ban needed good clean vocals, a great screamer that has an original screaming style, and an amazing overall sound. There really was nothing wrong with this band what so ever, why they had to leave the post hardcore music scene after releasing an amazing ep that left an impression on post hardcore fans everywhere is beyond me. I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing this band comeback and record a full length then leaving, more music from this band would definitely brighten up my year without a doubt. A few songs that stood out on this album would be, The Raddest Chicks Never Say Die, My Best Friend Is Now My Worst Enemy, Rooms Filled With Ghost of My Past, these songs also caught my attention fully. My Best Friend Is Now My Worst Enemy was the first song from to Skyscrapers Walk Among Us that I heard and after listening to that song I honestly became a fan of the band and gave the song another listen. The songs easily the best on the album, it shows the vocal talents of the vocalists really well, the screamer seriously makes the song come alive and gives it a feeling of originality, his style is so high and loud it’s somewhat crazy hearing it. There definitely isn’t a vocalist out today that could really copy this style, well they can copy it but it wouldn't sound the same as this guy for sure. Rooms Filled With Ghost of My Past was the second song I fell in love with on this album, I honestly gave this song a blind listen to, I just really enjoyed the name of the song so I listened to it first and fell in love with it in a way. It has this great flow with the vocals which basically draws you into the song so perfectly. I don’t think this song really has any downfalls, it could be longer though, I would have made this song about five minutes long instead of three, but that’s just me.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocalist definitely does his job on this release, he helps the screamer make this release come alive and have an original feeling behind it, which it easily does. The clean vocalists vocal style is high but there’s nothing to really hate about it because it fits with this band’s sound so well and has a great flow behind it.
Screams: Oh boy, the screamer is definitely something to be heard, his vocal style is high like really high but the thing that I like about it is that the no matter how high he goes with his screams it fits and has a flow to it, like it doesn't mess up the song or anything I can definitely tell this band would have done some great things in their careers, sad to say they broke up though.
Instruments: Their overall sound and instrument play was absolutely phenomenal in my opinion, everything went together nicely and fit very well with the vocals, this band honestly did no wrong on their first and last release. I honestly really wish this band was still around making music and touring. This was one band that should have never let the post hardcore scene, we can only hope they make a comeback to the music scene soon very soon.

Rating: 10/10
Like them on facebook