Set On Famous - Living With Lifeless

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, April 25, 2013




















Genre: Post Hardcore
For Fans Of: Asking Alexandria, Capture The Crown, Skarlett

Set On Famous debut single by themselves the first song they had was with Skarlett which was 2 bands one song the first of its kind and it came out pretty well. Now the songs low in volume in my opinion but you can hear everything pretty well which is the good part of this, because if you couldn't hear it well you probably wouldn't listen to it. Now Set On Famous did a great job on this song and they have me ready for the next song just by listening to this. This band might be the next capture the crown or asking Alexandria and they may make it big in this scene which is what pretty much every band wants to do in their careers but I strongly feel this band making it in their careers and getting a record deal. I’d like to see them go places and tour, I’d check them out and buy some of their stuff now with that being said. The only thing I could say bad about this band is that the volume sounds pretty low on the song other than that there’s really nothing wrong with the song just the production isn't the best but hey, for your debut single it shouldn't be perfect but I’m pretty glad it came out the way it did for them and I hope they get a lot of good responses from it, you can probably tell they got a good one from me and a great impression. I’d have to say I wasn't really expecting the clean vocals but when they came in the song I was pretty happy even though I’m kind of upset they didn't have a big part in the song. The vocal styles sound a bit unique to be completely honest I thought they would take another bands vocal style and try to sound like the copy of that band but they didn't they did their own style and did something great with it.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The clean vocals don’t really have a big part in the song only the choruses which upsets me, because I would really like to see more of the clean vocals in the future they’re not that bad in full honesty which makes me wonder why they didn't give them a bigger part in the song maybe they’re saving them for the next song? Only time will tell!
Screams: Now to be completely honest I thought this band was going to take another vocalists screaming style and try to be the carbon copy of them, well they didn't  which made me oh so happy to hear. Now not saying they didn't take a style that’s used by a few bands and make it sound like something to fit their sound even with that in the song it still came out pretty good and it’s a great vocal style with a great vocal sound to it.
Instrument: The instrument play is pretty good as well. For a debut single these guys didn't do much wrong and they made it sound really good. I’d love to see where this band goes in their career, anyway back to their instrument play. The intro to the song had my favorite instrument play in the song because it was synth and guitar then if you keep listening it has the vocals leading the rest of the instruments in the song which sounded fairly good. The instruments do have a great flow in this song which is another big thing to make this song better, everything sort of goes together and stays together. 

Rating: 4/5
Like them on facebook