Awake And Create - The Filth

Posted by Unknown On Monday, July 29, 2013
















Genre: Metalcore
For Fans Of: Motionless In White, The Witch Was Right, Fit For A King.


Awake And Create is one of those small bands that are trying to make a name for themselves. I did a review on their two debut singles, and I’d have to say that they weren’t too bad, but listening to this song they did change a little bit for the better. I can’t wait to see how their stuff comes out on their EP. Once it comes out, it should be pretty interesting to listen to. “The Filth” has a pretty hard meeting, it’s somewhat about how fake people can be, and how much of a joke they can be. If you listen to the vocals pretty well, they sort of sound like a few other bands mixed into one. Their vocalist is definitely talented! Their drumming is the main thing on this song that I enjoyed, and the group vocals too. They were pretty nice to hear. The ending of the song was a bit random as well. I mean this band is trying to be different, and make a good name for themselves. It seems like they’re going in the right direction with their goal, the ending alone, makes it a bit different. This is a single off their EP that’s coming out soon, I might add, as to which I will possibly be covering as well. The ending on the song (sorry I’m going to ruin it) lyrics are pretty interesting. These are the lyrics, because I know you’re probably dying to know them… “Get fucked, it’s the end.” I thought they ended off the song with a pretty big bang on that note. The ending screams, and the closure of the song is pretty brutal if you ask me. A few things could have been done differently, I guess. I mean, you could produce the vocals a bit differently, and make the screams a bit more spine chilling if you really tried too.
Breakdown:
Screams: The screams sound like a mix of a different band’s vocalist (Sort of like Motionless In White, and The Witch Was Right... Mostly Motionless In White though. I mean you can hear how it sounds like Chris pretty well). Their vocalist really impressed me with the first two singles, and this song is just even more impressive. It makes me wonder what the full EP will sound like… Maybe better? Maybe worse? We’ll have to find out whenever the EP drops! I’m pretty stoked about it.
Instrument: The instrument play on this song could be a bit different, and sound a bit differently. If you tuned the guitars down a bit more, and do some different drum styles, you’ll have a bit heavier sound, which will lead in to making the song become a bit more hateful. The song sounds like it’s supposed to be a hateful song, but the instruments give the lack of the hate, as I see it. There’s some hate behind the song, yes, and the instruments show a little of that… but to fully get the sound, you need to be a bit louder and tuned a bit down. That would give it a full force jolt, and it would become something that would make people want to mosh, punch things, and break bones!

Rating: 3/5
Like them on facebook