Fight Or Flight - A Life By Design?

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, July 25, 2013

Track list:
1. First Of The Last
2. Emphatic
3. It's Over
4. Eraser
5. Leaving
6. If It Hurts
7. You Refuse
8. The Average
9. Take A Shot
10. A Void
11. Shine
12. Tragedy
13. Sacrifice
14. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll

Genre: Hard Rock
For Fans Of: Disturbed, Shinedown, Device

Fight Or Flight is another band made by the members of Disturbed, and we all know about Device, and Adrenaline Mob. Now with that being said, I’m pretty sure that a lot of fans have questions about Fight Or Flight. Will it sound like Disturbed? Will it be worth listening too? What does the artwork mean? And a lot of other questions that will be answered once you start listening to this album. I personally think Fight Or Flight doesn't sound anything like Disturbed. This is a band that brought on originality, and uniqueness. I’d have to say that there are some parts within the album that may sound like Disturbed here and there, but it’s not completely there. I think only hardcore Disturbed fans will hear what I mean. Other than the small parts that sound sort of like Disturbed instrumentally, there is nothing vocally that can remind someone of Disturbed. The vocalist in Fight Or Flight has his own range, and his own sound, and he doesn't sound like he’s trying to be anyone else but himself, which in my opinion, is great. The album is actually somewhat enjoyable, and I do mean that. I usually go for the heavier music, and that being said, it should spark in your head. This isn't a super heavy band, instead there are some songs that are pretty soft, and sticks to their genre preferences. A few songs that stand out on this album would have to be, “First Of The Last”, “Eraser”, “If It Hurts”, “You Refuse”, “Take A Shot”, ”Tragedy”, and “Some Heads Are Gonna Roll”. “First Of The Last”, is the first song that I’ve actually heard from the boys in Fight Or Flight. I’m not really into hard rock much anymore, but this made me remember when I was. The song has some pretty good guitar playing in it, and the intro to the song should get you hooked (as it did for me). “Eraser”, is another song that has some pretty good guitar playing in it, the vocals caught my attention. As well as they do throughout this album, but the guitar on this song is one that sort of reminds me of Disturbed. I can’t tell or remember the song that had something like this from Disturbed, but I sort of got a small vibe from some of the riffs in this song. “If It Hurts”, is one of the heavy songs on the album, and my second favorite from this band. It’s sort of soft, as well as heavy, which is pretty interesting to listen too, it balances itself a little bit on this song. “If It Hurts”, also has some of the better lyrics on the album. Each song has some great lyrics, but the lyrics on “If It Hurts” sort of stand out a little bit. “You Refuse”, this song at the intro, had a heavy Disturbed vibe to it, I mean it sort of reminded me of “Down With The Sickness” for that short time. The tone is a bit different, but that riff is from Disturbed, I know that for sure. “Take A Shot”, is another soft song on the album with some pretty deep lyrics (this is a serious song as well). The lyrics on this album really make the music a lot better, and gives the band a better rating in my books. Lyrics should always be a huge part of your music when you’re a band/artist, because you want to have an emotional connection to your fans, and make them able to relate to your music because that’s what most people want to hear instead of meaningless lyrics that have nothing to do with anything (unless you’re a partycore band then it’s totally understandable). “Tragedy”, is yet another song that sounds way better with the lyrics. The riffs on this song stand out a bit to me, as well on this song. It’s a bit different than what you’re going to be hearing. I also think that this song ended off the standard version of the album, but lucky for us this is on the deluxe edition that I bought, because I wanted to support the dudes in Fight Or Flight (Don’t illegally download music unless you actually plan on buying it, because illegally downloading something hurts the band and the label). “Some Heads Are Gonna Roll”, is the last song on this album (Deluxe Editions) and honestly, it sounds like they ended this song off with a hair metal band type of a song. I might be the only one who hears it, but it’s definitely there, and it sounds pretty good. I’d like to see what’s in store for the boys in Fight Or Flight. Maybe these boys will blow up, and get as big as Disturbed? Device? Or some other band that influences this band’s sound.
Breakdown:
Cleans: There are mostly cleans on the album. The vocals sound pretty nice, he has his range, and sound, narrowed down to one thing and he catches up his range here and there to go a bit higher, which is super impressive in my opinion, and a factor of the hard rock genre that makes it a bit unique to listen too. There really isn’t anything bad about the vocalists, or the vocals on this album, but they could have spiced it up a little bit more by adding a scream, or some type of a scream on the album. It would have made it stand out a little bit more, and it would have helped to make the fans of today’s music, enjoy it a bit more.
Instrument: Some of the instrument play on this album sort of sounds like Disturbed, but you’re going to hear that once, or twice, not throughout the album (yay right?). Some of the influences you’ll hear, come from Disturbed, and that’s pretty obvious. I won’t lie, I pictured that Fight Or Flight would be another rip off Disturbed to get noticed, but to my surprise it wasn't. It was a new band with a new sound, and interesting lyrics, and for that, I must give the band props. Fight Or Flight needs to get a bit bigger now.

Rating: 6/10
Like them on facebook