Erimha - Reign Through Immortality

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Track list:
1. Enlightenment
2. Ascetic
3. Condemned To Desolation
4. Bewildering Nightmare
5. Saunter To Extinction
6. The Ritual Of  Internicion
7. Metaphysic Countenance
8. Verdict Of The Soul
9. Cataclysmic Tides
10. Metempsychosis



Genre: Black Metal
For Fans Of: Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth

Honestly, when I saw that ERIMHA got signed to Victory Records, I was shocked. It was literally something that I never really expected from Victory, but I’m honestly glad that they gave these boys a chance. After listening to this album, I can definitely say that they deserve it. ERIMHA might be the “weird” ones on Victory’s Roster, but they do the black metal genre no wrong, and that’s what counts in the long run. I’d honestly have to say that they sort of have a death metal influence, along with a black metal influence also. They combined the two genres to make something incredibly unique. It’s something worth listening to, if you like brutally heavy music. The screams sound like a demon screaming at you with pure anger. A few songs that stand out on this album would have to be, “Enlightenment”, “Bewildering Nightmare”, “The Ritual Of Internicion”, “Metaphysic Countenance”, and “Metempsycho”. “Enlightenment” is basically the intro track to this album, and it really gives you that Black Metal vibe. It somewhat sounds like something you’d hear at an actual ritual, or something of that sort. This happens to do some well for this album, and it really has that creepy vibe to it. “Bewildering Nightmare”, has one of my favorite names for a song, and definitely packs a punch for the album. Not only is it five minutes of heaviness hitting your ears, but it proves to be one of the better songs on the album. As for “The Ritual Of Internicion”, like I was saying about “Enlightenment” and how it has the ritual type vibes, and creep vibes, this would also be one of those songs, that has that feeling. The screams are just demonic, and brutal if I do say so myself. “Metaphysic Countenance” is one of the longer songs on the album; coming in at six minutes, and fifty eight seconds. You honestly won’t regret listening to it that long, either. The band definitely proves that the longer, the better the song is. It’s another one of those songs that shows that it’s better, and it also shows off the band’s sound a bit more. Which is something that is highly enjoyable. Now, before I gave this album a play I had noticed that there was only ten songs, and some of the songs are fairly wrong. This had me guessing if they’d be worth listening to or not, and by a big surprise, yes they were worth listening to. I know many people won’t really like ERIMHA, but I think I do, because I kind of grew up with black metal bands. Cradle Of Filth, and Dimmu Borgir were two bands that got me into metal, and heavier genres other than rap, and the other genres that I listened to, at the time. Now, if ERIMHA was around then (I don’t think they were but they might have been), I would have most certainly gave this album a few plays, and buy as much of their merchandise, as I could buy.  Well anyways, back to the actual review. “Metempsychosis”, the last song on the album, is also the longest song on the album. And no, I don’t mean long, as in five minutes, or six. I’m talking about long, as in ten minutes long. Ten minutes, and nine seconds to be exact. This song starts off softly a bit, and on a soft note as well. Now, I know I say this about a lot of albums; how the last songs give the album a bang or a POW. However, this album gave it more of a dynamite bundle explosion. I’m not even over-reacting, this song is the longest, and probably the heaviest on the album! That right there, is a two in one hit for Reign Through Immortality. I will definitely say that if you’re a black metal fan, you will LOVE Reign Through Immortality. It has some brutal vocals, some powerful drumming, and some ear destroying riffs. It’s totally worth the money you’d spend on it!
Breakdown:
Cleans: There really isn't clean vocals on this album, but there are some spoken parts that act as cleans, in a way. You’ll hear it a bit throughout the album, but a bit more on the last song. This gives it more of that blow which honestly, did the album a lot of good!
Screams: The screams on the album are anything, but soft. They’re like a demon screaming into your ear with pure hate, and anger. However, in other places, it sounds a bit less angry. The screamer is definitely talented, and knows his range… but I wonder if he could pull it off live? If he could, I’d honestly have to say that it would be sick to hear. The vocalist definitely reminds me a bit of Dani Filth in a way, with his higher ranged screams. He also sounds a bit like Shagrath (Stian Tomt Thoresen), from Dimmu Borgir. The vocalist has those two vocalists type of screams. This would also be another reason that I really liked this album. Those are the two vocalist from the genre I grew up with. I’d be lying if ERIMHA didn’t make me feel like I was listening to those two bands combined. I am definitely stoked on the future releases from ERIMHA, and I honestly cannot wait to see them on tour.
Instruments: The powerful drumming was just something that I was expecting already, but the power on this album is a bit crazy. I mean sure, there’s bands with drummers that have more power on their albums than this, but I wasn't really expecting it. The riffs on this record are just as great as the drumming. The instrument play is overall great! The riffs are another thing that caught my eye. Some of it reminded me a bit of Cradle Of Filth, which is another plus in my book. I can definitely hear a bit of influence from Cradle Of Filth, and Dimmu Borgir in some ways. I don’t really think that there’s much to complain about, on this record. If you’re a black metal fan, this would be the album for you.

Rating: 8/10
Like them on facebook