Fire With Fire - On Top Of The World

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, July 23, 2013
















Genre: Post Hardcore
For Fans Of: Miss Fortune, Outline In Color, At The Skylines

Chris Shelley is trying to come back, and better his name with his new project Fire With Fire. What a better way to better his name than to write a song, and feature the one and only Mikey Sawyer! Mikey Sawyer is in a band called Miss Fortune, for those who don’t know that yet. They've only released one song (that I know of) along with Fire With Fire, and this just happens to be their debut song. I’d have to say that they made a rather good impression on people. Chris Shelley will always be on my list of vocalists to watch, when it comes to new bands and features, because of how unique his vocal style sounds. There literally isn't anything wrong with his vocals, and I’m glad he didn't call it quits, because if he did, the scene would have lost one of few original vocalist that there is today. One thing that kind of stood out to me on this song was the length. Most songs are two minutes, or three for debuts, but thankfully they added an extra minute to the song to show everyone their sound, a bit better. Some of the lyrics on this song are pretty well written. One lyric that stood out to me would have to be “You can’t control what you know nothing about”, just because of how true something like that is. Chris has always usually written good lyrics to songs, that can easily be quoted in his music. This does do him some well with being a vocalist. I’m actually pretty happy that he did manage to start another band, and is trying to improve his talents with this new band. I honestly can’t wait to see what this band holds, or what’s in store for Chris. I feel like Fire With Fire can make a positive impact on the post hardcore scene. I’m sure of it honestly, and I’m hoping that this feeling is true. I would love to see Chris make a bigger name for himself he honestly deserves it. I've been following him for a while, I've seen him improve, and grow. This in my opinion, might be his best work yet. Hopefully the next Fire With Fire song, is even better than this song, I feel like it can be, if the guys in this band come together, and really put their efforts in it.
Breakdown:
Cleans: I may be wrong with this, but I’m pretty sure that Mikey is doing most of the clean vocals on this song. Mikey does a good job, and I can’t wait to see what Miss Fortune has in store. Maybe Chris will be featured on a song from them? Maybe…
Screams: I know that the screams are mainly Chris, and honestly, I do enjoy his screams on this song. It kind of shows how he’s improved with his vocals. Which is in a very good way, no bad way. It seems like he takes the time to actually better his vocals.

Instruments: The instrument play on this song isn't utterly amazing, but it does fit with both vocalist’s styles, and flow. This is what I ended up enjoying about it. It does have a feel of both bands, Fire With Fire, and Miss Fortune. The vibe of both bands being there, is definitely there.

Rating: 4/5
Like them on facebook