Hail To The King - Dynasties

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, July 23, 2013


Track list:
1. Sabretooth
2. Lunar Affliction
3. Mana Leak
4. Feast In Famine
5. Go For The Throat
6. The Prevailer
7. Contagion Clasp
8. Mako Eyes
9. Xstarlettax
10. Paper Street
11. Gutshot
12. Dynasties

Genre: Deathcore
For Fans Of: The Holy Guile, Immoralist, Black Tongue.


Hail To The King may have been pushed away from managements, labels, and booking agents, but I’ll be the first to admit that those people who doubted this band, might as well feel pretty dumb now. Hail To The King managed to write an album that packs a huge punch, and had some tasty breakdowns, if I do say so myself. Hail To The King, as I've read, have been working on this release since two thousand and twelve, and that basically proves that if you put your mind to something that it’ll come out great. I haven’t seen anything bad, or any hate come to the band for this release yet, which is good. I also see that they’re moving up in the ITunes ranks! Which is definitely something that I like to see with smaller bands. I wonder if all those managers are trying to message the band members trying to get them back. I’d have to be honest, I could see Hail To The King become the next big deathcore band in the genre. I’m pretty sure that this album will lead them to that very spot. I hope so, anyway. It’s rightfully deserved, and truthfully needed for an album of this caliber. A few songs that stand out on this album would have to be, “Sabretooth”, “Feast In Famine”, “Go For The Throat”, “Xstarlettax”, “Gutshot”, and “Dynasties”. “Sabretooth”, really brought out Hail To The Kings sounds on this release. For someone who hasn't ever listened to Hail To The King, this song kind of gave me an idea of their sound, and I’d have to be the first to say that I honestly do enjoy it. It really shows that deathcore hasn’t died yet, and isn't planning to die anytime soon. “Feast In Famine”, in a way I really did like the intro to this song, it sort of gave a different deathcore feeling to it. I can’t really explain it, once you listen to the song, you may feel the same vibe, and then again you may not. But it’s differently there, you could say another genre influences on this song, or at least it seems that way in my honest opinion. “Go For The Throat”, is probably my favorite song on this whole album, the name bought it for me, honestly. I mean come on, can you get anymore brutal with a song named “Go For The Throat”? Well… wait... maybe you can, if you named it “Go For The Sluts Throat”. That might give you some more brutal points, and some pronogrid points (Yes pronogrid is a genre in music, you just learned something that isn't relevant to Hail The King, Yay you!). But “Go For The Throat” is also one of the heavier songs (or I think so), on the album. The breakdown in the song is something that you can definitely get off your feet with. “Xstarlettax”, talk about an odd song name. “Xstarlettax”, might be one of the more unique song names that I've heard from a band in a year, or so. Which isn't a bad thing, it’s good to get creative with your song names. The song itself, is also pretty nice. It packs sort of a heavy punch, the song basically spits in your face with deathcore goodness, and some drumming greatness. This song throughout, is a song that would be a song that people would mosh hard too. There would be some bloody noses at the end of that set, for sure (Maybe a few hospital calls at the end of this song as well). “GutShot”, is a song name that reminded me of something in Call Of Duty, yet, I have no idea why. I guess because of the Headshot factor? And because I think there is a thing called Gutshot, on some video game (Useless fact number two). “Gutshot”, and “Xstarletta”, would be the two songs that I hope to see being played live, whenever I see Hail To The King. Those would be the two songs that I also lose my mind to, in the pit (Yes I get into the pit, another useless fact for you, and also a personal fact). One lyrical quotes I liked on this song would have to be “She screams for mercy, my malice is death. I want to see you beg for one last breath.” The vocalist gets rather quiet at this part, so it was pretty hard to understand what he was saying, but I’m pretty sure this is was the lyrics, or at least something close to the lyrics, hopefully. If not, oh well, I was close (I hope). “Dynasties”, is the last song on the album, and also the title of the album. Sadly, it is also the shortest song on the whole album. “Dynasties” ends off the album on a heavy note, and makes you crave a lot more from this band. Hey, maybe they’ll release a small single, or EP later this year to end it off perfectly? Hopefully.
Breakdown:
Screams: Oh man, the screams are anything BUT soft, definitely brutal to the max! (Does this make me sound trendy yet?) But yes, the vocals are rather brutal to say the least, and definitely makes the album a bit different. Each screamer has his own style, and the screamers style in Hail To The King is rather… uh... Nice, to say the least. He doesn't go to low, and doesn't go to high. He kind of balances them off, in Hail To The Kings music, which in my book, is a huge plus. Now, I’m not going to sit here and tell you how talented the vocalist of Hail To The King is, he’s definitely quite talented, and he could definitely change the deathcore genre with his vocals if he got a little bit more practice in him, but I will tell you for a fact, that the vocalist is seriously talented, and could definitely change up the vocal ranges in deathcore… and I mean this. I’m stoked to see what comes next for this band.

Instruments: The instruments are pretty cool to listen too; the guitars, the drums. Oh man, the drummer puts in some work on this album, and the producer sort of upped the drums to where they do something different, and something worth listening too. This is something that impressed me at first. The producer always upped the parts in the instruments when something worth listening to, is coming up.

Rating: 9/10
Like them on facebook