The Color Morale - My Devil In Your Eyes

Posted by Unknown On Friday, March 29, 2013

Track list:
01. Nerve Endings
02. Human(s) Being
03. The Dying Hymn
04. Be Longing Always
05. Walkers
06. Demon Teeth
07. Falling Awake
08. Quote on Quote
09. This Lost Song Is Yours
10. Fill; Avoid


Genre: Post Hardcore
 For fans of: Mayday! Cried The Captain, Enjoy The Fall

Second album from The Color Morale, their lead vocalist is doing the cleans and the screams on this album, I’d have to say from the first album to this they've improved a lot, vocal wise, instrument wise, everything is a huge improvement. The songs are a lot catchier than they were on the first album as well, which is good for them because their fans can sing a long and remember some of the lyrics better. After listening to this album a few times it kind of makes me wonder if the next album will be like this just better or not, either way I’ll probably give it a chance. Garret definitely knows how to scream and make some great guttural vocals.  A few songs that kind of stick out on this album would have to be, Nerve Endings, Human(s) Being, Demon Teeth, Falling Awake, Quote On Quote. Nerve Endings was a great intro to the album, and it shows you the power of The Color Morale really nicely and it gets your attention as a soon as you start listening to it. Human(s) Being features Chad Ruhlig, Chad fits really well this band’s sound, I think that’s one reason this is one of best song on the album, I think Garret And Chad should do another song in the future of The Color Morale/Legend, they definitely make a great vocal team together. Demon Teeth features Joey Sturgis, I've never really heard joey sing ever but he isn't that bad to be honest, he does a great job at recording and producing albums and he has a nice vocal style I’d have to say. I kind of hope I see Joey doing guest vocals a little bit more now that I've heard his vocals a little bit. Now my personal favorite song on the album and probably my favorite song by The Color Morale, Quote On Quote another good thing about this song it features one of my favorite vocalists Chris Roetter, from what I can Chris’s part is pretty small in the song, which sucks because Chris And Garret sound really good together, I’m glad they actually did a song together, just sucks the art is pretty small. I hope I see The Color Morale, in their future writing with a lot more guest vocals, because adding another vocalist that’ll have another style kind of spices up the album a little bit more.
Breakdown:
Cleans: The cleans style aren't as good as they were on the first release, but they’re definitely good, I hope Garret reflects on his style and touches it up a bit and improves it. That being said Garret has a great voice to go with his cleans. I do like how he tries to add as much emotion to his cleans as he can, it usually works to, and I hope he keeps doing this in future releases.
Screams: Garret didn’t do screams on the last album due to be sick, but hearing his screams for the first time kind of caught me off guard.  I’m impressed he can do cleans/screams without having much issues with it, he’s definitely talented, the only problem is that he should improve his vocals a little bit more and add some more power to them, if he does this he’ll probably be in my top 10 vocalists.
Instruments: The vocals have an influence on the instrument play a little bit, same way it did on the last album, but if anything the instrument play has gotten a lot heavier than it was on the first album, which is good because they’re exploring their talents and improving their skills.

Rating: 10/10
Like them on facebook